Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Social sciences jobs, Community development jobs, Child psychology jobs,Teaching jobs,P1 jobs,
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKERS (2)
Key functions of the Job
The Community Development Workers will undertake various duties which include but not
limited to the following: –
1.Support Family Strengthening Program team in the development of strategies relating to
the program, prepare detailed annual plans, budgets and reports
2. Responsible for all Target Group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the
3. Facilitate open communication within the Family Support Team and other departments
4. Facilitate appropriate referrals and linkages for holistic development of children in the
5. Support initiatives and opportunities geared towards youth development
6. Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and
7.Strengthen support systems for vulnerable children and their families within the
8. Any other duties as assigned
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
1. Bachelor’s degree in social sciences / community development / child psychology or
2. At least 3 years’ progressive experience working with vulnerable populations [children,
youth, women] and community groups
3. Knowledge in data collection, analysis and knowledge management
4. Prior experience with project cycle management in a complex project
5. Previous experience in child – focused organization working with children on care,
protection and advocacy will be an added advantage.
6. Strong analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in
English and Kiswahili is preferred.
7. Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
8. Strong report writing skills
9. Knowledge in youth empowerments and life skills training(added advantage )
Key functions of the Job
1. Safeguard the educational development of each child, paying individual attention to
each child, monitoring his/her educational progress and taking appropriate corrective
action as necessary.
2. Lead all activities within the assigned class and prepare lesson plans and outlines in
accordance with the curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school or government.
3. Act as a participating member of SOS CV KE taking particular interest in SOS children,
providing them with extra support and striving to understand their educational and
emotional needs and difficulties.
4. Assist students through the multiple career options available and in making informed
career paths and choices.
5. Participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as designed in the school
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities among others:
1. Have a genuine liking for and interest in young people and demonstrated patience,
tolerance and understanding.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues, administrators, parents and the community at large.
3. Possess report writing and communication skills.
4. Significant knowledge of work and educational dynamics in the country.
5. Candidate who can teach Music, Art and Craft, French, Home science and IRE will
have an added advantage.
6. Training in CBC
The prospective candidate must be a trained Teacher and should possess a minimum
1. P1 certificate (minimum)
2. Minimum of 3 Years teaching experience.
3. Must be registered by the TSC
4. Training in CBC
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role
specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3
traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer should be sent
electronically to): Email: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resources
Manager to reach us on or before 31st January 2022.