Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Lecturing Jobs, Auditor Vacancy,
Maasai Mara University is a public University chartered in 2013. Our mission is to provide quality University education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development. More details about the University can be found in our website www.mmarau.ac.ke. In an effort to fulfill our mandate, Maasai Mara University seeks to recruit suitable candidates for the following positions.
i) School of Pure, Applied and Health Sciences Grade Number
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
1. MMU/LEC/01/2021 Lecturer Midwifery
2. 12 MMU/LEC/02/2021 Lecturer Nurse Education 1 post
3. 12 MMU/LEC/03/2021 Lecturer Computer Science 1 post
ii) 12 School of Arts, Social Sciences, Humanities and Creative Industries 1 post
4. MMU/LEC/04/2021 Lecturer Criminology
JOB SPECIFICATIONS FOR LECTURER POSITION
Applicants should have the following qualifications; 12 1 post
A PhD in the relevant area of specialization from a recognized and accredited University in Kenya OR a master’s degree in the relevant area of specialization from a recognized and accredited University in Kenya and at least three (3) years of teaching experience at University level.
ii) At least two (2) publications in refereed journal(s) or four (4) equivalent publication points.
iii) Be registered with a professional body/organization (where applicable).
iv) Show evidence of continued research, attendance and contribution in academic conferences, seminars and workshops.
Show evidence of effective teaching and active participation in departmental activities.
Job Description Reporting to the Head of Department, the main duties will include:
- Teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students
- Articulating the mission of the department and the University
- Initiating planning and conducting research
- Developing teaching materials
- Supervising post graduate students in research activities
- Participating in development and preparation of Faculty development plan
- Attending and participating in seminars/workshops/conferences in relevant fields
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricular activities in the department
- Contributing to research activity in the subject area including determining relevant research objectives and preparing research proposals.
- Engaging with other researches internally, nationally and internationally to initiate collaborative partnership with other educational institutional.
- Sourcing for internal and external research grants to fund innovative projects by maintaining high quality and cutting-edge research programs.
- Supervising the work of students, including teaching practice, field trips or clinical services where appropriate, provide advice on study skills, and help them with learning problems.
- Setting, marking, and assessing work and examinations and provide constructive feedback to students.
- Giving input in the development of quality assurance framework within the University’s overall framework, including validation and revalidation of courses, student admission and assessment.
- Initiating new and original solutions to problems affecting delivery of courses within own educational program and in accordance with the institutional regulations.
- Preparing, reviewing and updating course content materials for lecturers, lab sessions and seminars through maintaining of course and learner records in accordance to university policy guidelines.
- Coordinating in the development of modules on the digital platform and oversee the design and development of the curricula within the area of specialization.
- Presenting research findings and innovations to conferences in order to increase the visibility of the university and to influence international policy environment for improvement of life
- Engaging with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks in order to work together for the betterment of communities in various ways such as research and innovations
- Participating in curriculum design and development for the school or department within the quality assurance framework.
- Preparing research proposals with a project description and budget for sourcing internally and externally funds for research projects and directly oversee internally and externally funded research grants and produce reports for such grants.
- Developing budgets to ensure proper and efficient use of resources especially in departmental projects, industrial based learning projects, research projects.
- Managing and supervising the development of evidence-based policies and strategies not only in the university but also in other research institutions, government institutions, community, NGOs and other organizations nationally and internationally.
- Managing and supervise project teams in order to develop innovative approaches and models that influence positively national and global policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the Deputy ViceChancellor(A&SA), Dean of School or Chairman of Department from time to time.
B. ADMINISTRATION DIVISION REF: MMU/SIA/05/2021 GRADE 13 – SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Job specifications For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
A Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
CPA Final (Certified Public Accountant) Membership registration with ICPA(K) Proficiency in relevant computer applications Nine (9) years auditing experience having served for at least a period of three (3) years as Internal Auditor I. Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results. Shown unquestionable integrity Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
- Reporting administratively to the Vice-Chancellor, the main duties will include:
- • Formulation of audit plans and strategy to guide internal audit operations by leading audit teams in the execution of the audit plans
- Allocation of duties to and supervision of internal audit staff to ensure attainment of the goals as per the internal audit work plans and to ensure effectiveness of internal control systems and policies.
- Preparation of audit reports to document audit findings so as to guide decision making by the University Management and Council.
- Conducting risk assessment on various departments to guide in the implementation of the operational policies.
- Conducting performance appraisal for internal audit staff to ensure goals and objectives of the department are attained
- Preparation audit reports and plans to document audit findings so as to inform audit activities.
- Communicating with client’s departments on audit findings, upcoming audit and results.
- Assessment of the training needs by the internal audit staff through conduct seminars in the university to address on the key audit issues encountered.
- Carrying out risk assessment for the departments/ sections of the university to determine and mitigate the risks faced by the departments.
- Conducting audit verification on university asset to ensure their proper usage.
- Development of internal audit policies and techniques to guide the operations of the internal audit operations.
- Offering secretariat roles to the audit committee of council through taking of minutes and making reports on the purpose of the meetings.
- Verifying that the documents for carrying out audit are attached to show that the expenditure are duly approved and charged to paper votes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or delegated to you from time to time.
Application Guidelines and Statutory requirements for the position(s)
a) Applicants should attach to their ten (10) application letters copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials together with a detailed curriculum vitae outlining academic and professional qualifications, experience, leadership and management roles, publications, awards, scholarships, funding attracted, membership to professional bodies, linkages and community service.
b) Applicants must attach current clearance from HELB, EACC, KRA, DCI and CRB.
c) Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference Number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Senior Internal Auditor should reach the Chairman of Council on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on 30th November, 2021.
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University
P. O. Box 861-20500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 4 | Page
Applications for the position of Lecturer should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Finance and Strategy on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on 30th November, 2021.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance & Strategy)
Maasai Mara University P. O. Box 861-20500
Email: email@example.com Maasai
Mara University is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification. Maasai Mara University is ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution