Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Computer Science jobs,Engineering jobs,Data Engineering jobs,Business related jobs,CloudFactory careers,
Talent Success Business Partner – Product & Engineering
- Accountable and responsible for the end of end people experience of our team members in the Product and Engineering functions. Working with other areas of talent to ensure needs are addressed and proactively managed.
- Accountable for facilitating the engagement survey and consulting with the leadership team to support initiating strategic initiatives to drive engagement across their functions. Makes sure that the engagement survey measurement is meaningful and assesses the right areas for engagement, which may change from time to time.
- Develops the people plan for the Product and Engineering functions, consulting and collaborating with the leadership team. Understands the function/s operating strategy and inputs into this strategy as appropriate. Focuses on partnering with functional leadership to develop and execute a lifecycle approach to people management focussed on forecasting, staffing, development, onboarding, performance management, retention, succession planning, talent movement, and leveraging workforce insights and analytics
- Proactively identify service delivery gaps in our talent processes and collaborates with talent team and delivery to problem solve.
- Facilitates the talent planning process, pressure testing succession plans supports with promotion planning, objective setting, and maintains the retention plan for the function/functions
- Initiates strategic projects/ initiatives to drive improved performance and experience in the workforce.
- Key partner to our CloudFactory Academy (CFA), ensuring programs are targeted to optimize performance within the function. Has full awareness of the training needs within the function and plans with CFA accordingly to meet those needs.
- Coaches and guides management on people issues
What it will take to catch our eye…
- Relevant HR qualification, applying academic knowledge practically and adjusting with experience.
- 3 – 5 years plus prior experience in people leadership role/s within a global environment.
- Proven experience working in a talent partnering role
- Strong understanding of measuring performance through data with the ability to tell a rich story with it.
- Proven ability to coach and advise senior business leaders.
- Experience working with a Senior Leadership team to give sound commercial and strategic insight.
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation across a number of international locations and ability to identify key business considerations in unknown territories.
- Ability to understand complex business, product strategies, develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve buy in;
- Ability to absorb and implement a wide range of feedback thoroughly and efficiently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and finally…
- Possess a magnetic personality that will help you serve as a key member of our global leadership team and culture carrier.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
How to really knock our socks off…
- Have worked in fast growth, scaling tech businesses;
- Already partnered with Product and Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help to design and develop a data estate that is performant, accessible, secure, scalable, maintainable, and extensible.
- Help to implement true CI/CD using Github Actions, etc.
- Design and develop EDW using Snowflake, DBT.
- Design and develop AWS Data Lake using S3, Athena, Snowflake
- Design and develop data ingestion pipelines using SnowPipe, FiveTran, etc.
- Model EDW entities and ensure all data is complete, accurate, timely, and documented within Data Dictionary and Ubiquitous Terms documents.
- Work towards the implementation of a true Self-Service BI platform.
- Implement good practices to ensure that Git is used in all circumstances, This includes reviewing others’ work and having your work reviewed and approved by colleagues.
Governance & Data Protection
- Ensure that all work follows best security practices and fully adheres to GDPR, PECR, and other data regulations.
- Ensure that all work follows the correct approval and sign-off process before it is pushed into Production.
- Ensure that all work is documented and if needed – has a runbook in order to allow the business to continually support it.
- Where required, ensure that a PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment) is completed.
- Work with others in the team to keep the Data Dictionary and Ubiquitous Language complete and up to date.
- Follow existing processes and work to improve/identify gaps in these processes.
- Ensure the correct SDLC promotion processes are followed.
- Follow the correct sign-off processes to ensure that only approved releases are deployed into Production.
- Ensure that all AWS development follows CI/CD processes and is repeatable.
- Ensure that the AWS “Well-Architected Framework” is adhered to.
- Evangelise about the Data Team and estate across the business.
- Build relationships with members of the Data Team and the wider Engineering Team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with all members of the Data Team and wider Engineering Team.
- Work closely with and learn from tech and team leads and challenge proposed solutions with your own ideas.
- Ability to work across global teams and working with different cultures across different time zones with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Tendency to go above and beyond to make things work; manage own and others work to meet the deadline and assist other team members in their deliverables
- Ability to identify solutions and make the complex simple.
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions
- Some experience and knowledge of a coding language such as Python.
- Good experience and knowledge of the SQL query language.
- Some understanding of star schemas and data warehouse concepts..
- Some knowledge of AWS tools and technologies (i.e. Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, DDB, RDS etc).
- Beneficial – ETL and ELT experience – both batch and microservices-led.
- Beneficial – Some Snowflake experience.
- Snowflake (including SnowPipe, streams, security, integrations etc)
- AWS Data Lake (SNS, SQS, S3, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB etc)
- AWS Data Streams (Kinesis, Elastic Search, LogStash, Lambda, API-G etc)