Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
CEO Vacancy, Cooperative Jobs,
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – JOB REF. NO. CCIA-1/CEO/1021
Job expires on 2021-10-22
Our client, a County based farmers’ Co-operative Union is seeking to fill the vacant position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Union, the job requirements are:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Chief Executive Officer of the Union and secretary to the Board.
- Charged with the responsibility of overseeing the proper implementation of all Union policies as directed by the board of directors.
- Administration of all the subsidiaries, departments/functional units as well as branches.
- Provision of leadership to all the Union internal management teams.
- Provision of technical advice and operational feedback to the Union board of directors and board sub-committees so as to assist them in the formulation of policies and regular review of the existing policies.
- Ensuring that plans, procedures, rules, manuals, programs, systems, controls, and structures are in place for the smooth running of operations and attainment of the Union objectives.
- Development of appropriate organizational structures that will lead to optimum utilization of all Union resources.
- Ensuring effective supervision of staff at all levels of the organization in order to achieve optimal institution effectiveness.
- Ensuring proper administration of staff in accordance with the Union’s Human Resource policy and existing labor laws.
- Provision of guidance to the union board of directors in the recruitment and deployment of staff.
- To cultivate and encourage productivity and results oriented culture in the Union.
- Ensuring existence of and compliance with proper framework to analyze business results with a view to reviewing various strategies and/or effective control measures.
- Keeping abreast with all material undertakings of the Union and all material factors affecting the Union and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the Board and management are adequately informed.
- To ensure that the Board is adequately informed and that sufficient information is provided to enable the Directors form appropriate judgments
- In concert with the Board Chairman, to determine the date, time and location of the annual general meeting and develop the agenda for the meeting
- Performs other duties assigned by the board of directors from time to time.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience.
The incumbent will be required to have the following skills, attributes, and competencies;
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferably agribusiness, accounting/finance, Economics, Business administration, and 5 years experience in senior management in a busy agribusiness entity preferably in the coffee sub-sector.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Good Analytical skills- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work-flows and procedures.
- Problem-Solving skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good strategy management and implementation
- Proficiency in ICT
To apply, click on the link below and fill out the online Application form and submit by 22nd October 2021. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by the 5th of November 2021, consider your application as unsuccessful.