Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Banking jobs, Co-operative Bank of Kenya jobs,
Our client, a Non-Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) and based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a qualified and professional Sacco Manager to meet the SACCO’s set goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the job holder will be responsible for day to day SACCO operations including but not limited to:
- The implementation of and adherence to the prescribed policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring that systems have been established to facilitate efficient operations and communication.
- Ensuring that strategies are developed and employed to facilitate achievement of targets and objectives.
- Overseeing Human Resource Management and Development.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of the Sacco & be able to propose changes to the Board such as Cooperative Societies Act, Rules, Sacco By-laws, Sacco Societies Act and Regulations.
- Providing support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required.
- Keeping minutes of all general meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Advising the Board of Directors in formulating, preparing and implementing long term policies and programs of the society through board papers and technical reports as appropriate.
- Performing such other duties as may be directed by the Board of Directors.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance related field or its equivalent, preferably B. Com/BBM (Finance/Accounting).
- A minimum Accounting professional of CPA (K).
- A Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5 years work experience as a Supervisor or Manager in a reputable Sacco or other related Financial Institutions.
- Recent Certified Certificate of good conduct. (Police Clearance)
- Current Tax Compliance Certificate.
- CV that contains current mobile contacts, email address and three references one preferably from current or former employer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, innovative and Self driven;
- Excellent verbal and written Communication and presentation skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Strong team leadership and mentorship skills;
- Good grasp of IT and computer skills;
- Ability to prepare and maintain management accounts and financial statements for the society including budgets in accordance to IFRS and other accounting guidelines;
- Able to manage the Sacco Cash flows and cash flow forecast;
- Able to analyse problems and provide effective solutions.
Personal Attributes and Attitudes
- Should have high integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Is self-driven and innovative;
- Have strong analytical and problems solving skills;
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions;
- Able to pay close attention to details;
- Ability to be flexible, use initiative, self-evaluate and to work independently under little or no supervision. Reporting
The successful person is expected to report by 3rd of January 2022.