Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Communications Jobs, Development Jobs, Management Jobs, International Organizations Jobs,
Africa Development and Communications Senior Manager
- Create a calendar of recurring restricted grant opportunities in both the US and Europe.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of proposals and funding opportunities for the Africa Division.
- Track upcoming calls for proposals and determine alignment with Africa Division priorities- working with the Sr. Director of Development and Sr. Director of Design and Delivery
- Organize teams (both in the region and working with Account managers) to respond to restricted requests
- Manage the proposal development processes – including setting up work plans, supporting task teams, and tracking deadlines to ensure that the processes follow the CI Internal Review process and are timely.
Provide Strategic And Development Related Communications
- Develop donor-facing overview documents and proposals
- Develop and finalize high-quality proposals and concept papers and reports.
- Develop slide decks and other communications materials needed for the Africa Field Division
- Prepare fundraising progress reports and analyses.
- Lead Division’s relationship with Brand &Communication to maintain website and social media accounts
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Manage CI donor-related data in Raisers Edge, coordinating with other units to ensure accuracy and alignment.
- Support the collection and processing of proposal documents and transition to live project management tools when successful
- Cultivate and steward prospects and donors through prospect identification and donor research
- Maintain donor pipeline database
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Work is typically performed in an office environment.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time differences with HQ and the region.
- Undergraduate Degree in environmental sciences, Development, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of professional work experience in fundraising, business development, and communications.
- Ideally experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database software, Microsoft Office applications, and basic computer operations.
- Experience with social media and other communication/ fundraising tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including excellent editing/ writing skills
- Demonstrated competencies with layout and design
- Experience writing and developing materials for donor audience
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and management skills
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations