Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Journalism jobs,Communications jobs, NGO jobs, International Development jobs,
Consultancy for Documenting and Communicating Key Successes of NPI EXPAND in Kenya
The Specific Tasks For This Assignment Are To
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to NPI EXPAND Kenya (including grantees) in identifying key activities for documentation and the various ways that the information can be documented e.g., articles, blogposts, case studies and infographics.
- Support grantees to map specific platforms and networks in which they will share their success stories.
- Prepare tools and formats that will be used by grantees to document the successes of the project.
- Produce communication materials that depict different successes of the work of different grantees. This includes articles, photographs, case studies, blogs, and infographics.
- Support documentation of the learning questions
- Develop a quarterly bulletin for the project for sharing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Train and mentor, the grantees on how to capture and document success stories for sharing in their respective communication platforms and with other stakeholders.
- Organize media coverage for key health days e.g., the world contraception day, menstrual hygiene day.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- An inception report that will include:
- Areas identified for documentation based on the project objectives, donor interest and grantee workplans
- The agreed ways that the information will be documented
- Tools, templates/formats that will be used for documentation/collection of information by the grantees
- A training/mentorship report on building the capacity of grantees on documenting success stories
- A variety of communication materials – articles, photographs, case studies, blogs, and infographics to communicate project successes
- Quarterly bulletins with success stories on thematic areas identified in consultation with the SBCC consultant
- Three (3) learning questions documented in form of a case study/brief/abstract
To be considered for this assignment, the applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- At least 7 years of experience with excellent writing skills, professional journalism background or serving as a communications person or an NGO or international development organization would be desirable.
- Ability to identify, analyse and package high impact success for documentation
- Skills and experience in high quality photography
- High level production and editorial skills
- Ability to train and mentor individuals and institutions on writing success stories
- Ability and flexibility to work with multiple stakeholders in executing similar assignments. This will include other consultants, grantees, and the project team members
- In-depth understanding and consciousness of gender and culturally sensitive communication
- Demonstrated experience of documenting and communicating family planning, maternal health, or sexual reproductive health issues in Kenya or in a similar context is an added advantage