Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Contract Jobs, 2020 Jobs
Clinical Officer (3 positions) – 3 Months Contract
- Reference Number: CO-070220
- Employment Type: Full time
- Category: Clinical Research-Neuro Assessment
- Job Grade: 6.01
- Country: Kenya
- Location: Kilifi
To assist with implementation of the mental health Gap Action Programme-Intervention Guidelines (mhGAP-IG) study. The clinical officer will be expected to work under the supervision of principal investigators of mental, neurological and substance use disorders studies including assisting in other ongoing studies within the neuroscience group. Other roles will include data collection and recruitment, while observing adherence to standard operating protocols.Description:
- The principal investigator of mental health studies.
- Field workers
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme conducts high quality health intervention studies on non-communicable diseases. We conduct comprehensive studies on mental, neurological and substance use disorders. These studies involve interaction with various stakeholders including patients, health care providers and patients’ caregivers.
These studies often require specialised trainings to health care providers, comprehensive data collection on the outcomes of the trainings and ongoing supervision of trainees during implementation of the training in their areas of work. Additionally it involves clinical evaluation of participants with these disorders for diagnostic purposes and on measures such as level of disability and quality of life.
The clinical officer will have a high level of responsibility for ensuring adherence to standard operating protocols and ethical regulations of the study in dealing with different stakeholders in mental health and substance use disorders. The post requires focus and attention to detail and involves communication and interaction with other team members. The clinical officer will take responsibility for accurate data capture.
- Deliver mental health training and ongoing supervision to primary health care providers in Kilifi County
- Participate in data collection and recruitment of study participants
- Supervise study staff as delegated by the principal investigators
- Foster good working relations with the study team and be willing to participate in continuous medical education (CME) activities in mental/neurological health research.
- Diploma in clinical medicine
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- At least 3 years clinical experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible – able to work extra hours when needed
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in facilitating trainings
- Able to work with vulnerable populations such as those with neurological or mental health disorders
- Based at the CTF building within Kilifi County Hospital
- Travel to other sites within Kilifi county
- Exposure to patients with aggressive and self-destructive behaviour
- To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
- All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
- Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
- The application closing date is 21 February, 2020.
- Click here to login and apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview