Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Accounting jobs, Business Management and Administration jobs,
Overall Job Purpose
The Credit Evaluation Officer will be responsible for appraising all loan applications from the business by ensuring only viable applications are recommended for approval in line with the Lending policy
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Giving feedback on loan applications to facilitate decision making for purposes of adoption or decline.
- Appraising borrower information to determine ability to service the loan for purposes of adherence to the Lending policy.
- Preparation of the Loan approval memo to the Lending Committee for approval and adoption or decline.
- Updating and production of reports for monitoring and control to meet the expected Turn around Time.
- Monitoring branch loans and overdrafts performance to ensure minimum delinquency.
- Preparing credit and debt management reports/return
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in banking and financial analysis 2 of which must be credit department or credit related area.
- A Business related University Degree i.e Economics, Commerce or Business Administration.
- Credit Management,Accounting or Banking Qualification (AKIB)
- CPA qualifications
Key Competencies and Skills
- Corporate Competence: Working knowledge of the Bank’s products, the Bank’s Credit policy and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Financial analysis Skills: Ability to analyze and/or interpret financial statements, and advice accordingly.
- Analytical business and investment appraisal Skills: Keen to detail and able to conceptualize financial investment proposals and provide viable solutions.
- Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in computerized financial analysis applications.
- Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of the various sectors of the economy and the investment opportunities.
- Goal driven and results oriented: enjoys being measured and judged by financial and other performance targets.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrates integrity in work and business contacts.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be a people’s person, with ability to interact with key contacts in finance sector.
- Proactive Initiator: Must be pro-active, a self-starter and have the ability to see, grasp and advice on opportunities.