Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Nutrition and Dietetics jobs,Procurement Audit jobs, Public Health jobs,
Director, Global Supply Chain Risk and Compliance
- Develop tools and process for ongoing supply chain risk assessments to identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement compliance initiative plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Responsible for developing controls systems and monitoring organizational processes to ensure procurement and contracting is compliant with policy and standard operating procedure requirements.
- Ensure that tracking tools are maintained through the chain of the contract review, procurement cycle and that these are sufficient to act as an audit trail for the purposes of internal, donor or other audits/investigations.
- Develop detailed reports, tools and processes for post-contract procurement monitoring using data analytics and follow-up on identified controls weaknesses.
- Communicate regularly with keycross departmental team members to ensure controls weaknesses are identified and mitigated.
- Responsible for management of the Master Data Management (MDM) team as a shared service function.
- Ensure data migration and maintenance within the Integra environment is done within agreed service levels and meets quality requirements.
- Plan and coordinate annual training for global staff on supply chain fraud and compliance.
- Minimum 8-10 years of procurement audit, fraud examination and donor compliance experience
- Professional certifications in internal audit, fraud examination or investigations
- Experience developing, implementing and supervising due diligence procedures
- Experience developing and operationalizing procurement data analysis to identify fraud, non-compliant practices, as well as spotting opportunities for improved procurement operations
- NGO experience preferred with detailed understanding of institutional donors’ (USAID, FCDO, ECHO) policies relating to procurement
- Experience in auditing processes with a keen eye for identifying fraud red flags during procurement process and developing teams to perform similar tasks
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment to ensure decentralized procurement activities are compliant and risks are assessed and handled appropriately
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Proven understanding of the procure-to-pay process and controls standard methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems
Nutrition and Health Manager
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of nutrition and health program activities in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Provide technical assistance, supervision, and coaching to MOH and partner staff in screening, outreach.
- Participate in inter-agency coordination at field level and represent IRC with local authorities when required.
- Provide periodic reports as needed.
- Participate in assessments when necessary.
- Provide remote support to outreach teams through processing of nutrition and health supplies requests and liaising with MOH, WFP and UNICEF.
- Participating in Nutrition and health Cluster meetings at field level Conduct health and nutrition surveillance based on agreed methodologies including surveys, process monitoring, SMART, LQAS, SQUEAC and other rapid methods.
- Oversee implementation and integration of comprehensive growth monitoring program In the outreach sites and IRC MOH supported facilities
- Plan and actively involve the community in marking recognized health and nutrition related days
- Monitoring and supervising emergency nutrition and health staff to ensure program implemented is of good quality and acceptable standard
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner
- Review personnel issues and concerns of nutrition officers, nutritionist and nurses and assist with determining and implementing solutions
- Participate in recruitment of the program staff as appropriate
- Foster integration of the nutrition and health program with programs
- Directly supervise the nutrition and team including and not limited to leave management to ensure effective program coverage, staff appraisal and mentorship, capacity mapping and capacity development.
- Work with the supply chain team to develop accurate and timely weekly, monthly, quarterly program supply ordering using the integra system
- Monitor utilization of nutrition and health program supplies; monitor and track program assets
- Ensure timey requisition of health and nutrition supplies from MOH, UNICEF WFP for the outreaches and ensure quality supplies report are sent out
- Review and manage all nutrition and health program purchase requisitions, follow up with supply chain
Monitoring and Reporting
- Closely monitor and make sure nutrition performance indicators are within the recommended standards including
- Conduct and coordinate periodic program reports on the project
- Work with MOH and county Data department to support the county health information systems and ensure IRC work is included and mirror the MOH reports
- Attend all health and nutrition and health coordination meetings and management meetings in the field and at county level
- Compile weekly, monthly reports and donor reports.
Finance and Grant Management
- Prepare and track the project spending plans for the program based on the available budget
- Attend and participate in monthly budget review meetings, with records of updated expenditure records and spending plans
- Ensure adherence to the nutrition program budget by reviewing expenditure
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that impact on budget adherence
- Perform any other duty as directed by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Successful implementation of the nutrition and health emergency response program
- Monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of public health nutrition performance indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards
- Monitor all nutrition and health program expenditure against budgets and ensure an appropriate burn rate.
- Ensure steady supply of all the nutrition program supplies.
- Ensure nutrition and health surveillance and assessments are continuously conducted
- Timely submission of monthly and donor reports.
- Capacity building of nutrition and health staff
- Maintain nutrition team as per the budget specifications
- Represent IRC in nutrition and health meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition with a health implementation or bachelor’s in public health with a strong nutrition Program implementation experience
- Master’s in public health or nutrition preferred
- KNDI and other relevant certification bodies is and added advantage
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, disease surveillance nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care at program management level is required
- Experience in emergency response is added advantage
- Experience in designing and implementing nutrition surveys and other methodologies
- Data and research solid background
- Good experience working with the MOH and nutrition and health coordination structures
- Experience in managing a nutrition program in emergencies
- Good and solid talent and people management skills
- Working in resource poor environment and complex emergencies
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment and the capacity to think and plan strategically, including the ability to produce high quality programs through development implementation.
- Experience of supervising culturally diverse staff with varying in abilities, capacity, and experience
- Flexible and positive personality
- Strong planning and implementation capacity
- Confident and capable negotiator, communicator, and networker
- Implement the emergency nutrition response including treatment of severely malnourished under-fives while following the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Ensure the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities are implemented successfully.
- Implement comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
- Train and mentor, the emergency response program staff and the integrated community health promoters through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Lease with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control
- Stock monitoring of various commodities
- Support MOH on DQAs
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized University.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in emergency community nutrition and implementation
- Experience in maternal infant and young nutrition with strong BFHI & BFCI approaches
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong report writing and team working skills
- Knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
- Flexible and positive personality
- Strong planning and implementation capacity
- Confident and capable negotiator, communicator and networker