Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Economic Sciences jobs,Business Administration jobs,Social Sciences jobs, Economics jobs, Finance jobs,Statistics jobs,
Programme Indicators Advisor
Tasks & Responsibilities
Act as the central HGFD contact for the implementation of HGFD Minimum Funding Requirements
- Ensure regular alignment with HGFD and input to a newly set up project team for the implementation of minimum funding requirements
- Ensure and co-ordinate alignment with HGFD, just as with other promoting and supporting associations
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Coordinate the implementation of HGFD Minimum Funding Requirements within GSC and other PSAs
- Ensure and co-ordinate cross-functional collaboration within International Office (COO, Finance, ICL, Programme Development, Strategy and ICT), with regions and member associations funded by HGFD
- Follow-up of completeness of information from different functions/sources and coordinate actual collection of data and documents with functional and regional colleagues
- Provide process description for data collection and monitoring incl. roles and responsibilities, training and monitor implementation of process across GSC
- Align with other GSC projects, e.g. GSC services, strategy development and implementation, Connect SOS etc
- Liaise with other PSAs (in collaboration with FC-EUNA) to encourage them to align with HGFD
Provide report/dashboard solutions in cooperation with ICT
- Combine and streamline different sources of information into overviews, lists, dashboards and document repositories
- Maintain solutions and constantly improve usability and performance in cooperation with ICT
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Development, Social Sciences, Economics, Finance or Statistics
- A minimum of 5 years of proven relevant professional experience in the relevant field
- Project management certification/courses would represent an advantage
- Experience working with data analysis including KPIs represents an advantage.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Advanced technical skills, e.g. data management and working with KPIs
- Analytical skills in econometrics/statistics
- Experience in facilitating workshops or trainings
- Ability to perform quantitative analyses
- Strong English skills (written and verbal). Spanish and/or French would be desirable
Finance and Controlling Advisor
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform tasks within the global SOS budgeting process as per defined standard processes but also support related to complex cases.
- Make sure that all process steps are completed and consequentially funding can be requested from PSAs and that complex analyses and reports are prepared upon request.
- Ensure that the linking of financial needs of NAs and international funds happens in an efficient, cost-conscious and transparent manner and that complex cases are dealt with adequately, so that funding of operations in NAs is secured, funds are transferred timely, and programmes can be implemented.
- Prepare transfers via Shared Treasury Services (STS) or directly from PSAs to NAs as per standard processes but also for non-routine cases. This ensures that funds are available to NAs as needed and all stakeholders have the required information to conduct the transfer.
- Monitor liquidity and funding need developments in NAs along defined processes, and analyze and process related data as required for management and PSAs.
- Flag critical developments early; propose and support suitable options and solutions.
- Elaborate or contribute to non-routine reports and analyses for management and legal bodies, specifically related to information for decision making.
- Potentially participate in or lead projects where the position holder provides project management know-how and / or specific expertise.
- Potentially design interface for specific areas of work with other teams and/or departments within International Office, representing the perspectives and interests of the team. Network well internally on the relevant topic to be aware of, and share related information to ensure that processes are well interlinked and concerned colleagues well informed.
- Master Degree in Economic Sciences, preferably in the area financial controlling or Bachelor Degree with additional experience in the subject area or relevant professional experience
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in finance and controlling
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial controlling
- Advanced command of MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Team player with strong coordination and networking skills
- Strong service-oriented mindset and pro-active working style
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient English skills (written and verbal).