Head of Section – Roses Production
- As a Head of section, you are responsible for proper crop management and crop husbandry, pest and disease control, Harvesting and effective labor management in order to ensure maximum production of quality roses that meet premium requirements. Greatness, Responsibility, Openness and Warmth are the values you live and work by.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure that harvesting is done procedurally and as per cut stage requirements. Ensure staff are well trained and understand cut stage requirements.
- Ensure proper handling and management of the harvested stems to avoid wilting and quality compromise.
- Ensure prediction of rose varieties is done accurately on daily and weekly basis. Deviation should be at least +/-5%.
- Ensure that staff are well trained on all greenhouse cultural activities and ensure that proper follow-up is done to realize/monitor training ROI.
- Ensure that showering/humidification of greenhouses is done accordingly without fail to maintain quality of crop.
- Ensure that Crops grown in the greenhouse are well supported and well balanced in terms of foliage by ensuring that staggering rules are well followed.
- Health Safety and environment management; making sure that your allocated
- Section/greenhouse is compliant with all health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Labour & budget Management; responsible for using the resources (human/financial) in a most efficient as well as effective way
- Degree/Diploma in Horticulture, Floriculture or Agriculture
- 3 years’ experience in Horticulture or production industry
- 1 year experience in a similar or related position
- Relevant experience in Roses Production
- Team player who creates top-down working relationship with general workers and management.
- Good communication skills
- Possess good analytical skills Good Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Proficient Computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
Production Manager – Roses
- As a Production Manager Roses, you are responsible for the running of one production unit (15 ha) within our Farm. This means ensuring we get good quality flowers in adequate numbers from this area. We also expect you to strategically deal with hiccups that may threaten your production together with other managers within the farm. Greatness, Responsibility, Openness and Warmth are the values you live and work by.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations for responsible production unit; accountable for ensuring we make the daily production and quality targets as agreed within the AAA Roses Division.
- Ensure hiccups are dealt with pro-actively. In case there are issues affecting your production targets you are supposed to find out the root cause of the issue and pro-actively deal with it.
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses, make sure we stay within the budgets that have been agreed with the Production Unit.
- Set policies and processes, ensure all processes are captured in policies and processes for all employees to access. Ensure we adjust procedures and policies are updated according to new developments.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally. Employees are our biggest asset.
- Together with your team you are responsible to ensure that staff engagement and satisfaction is maintained.
- Graduate in Horticulture, Floriculture or Agriculture
- 5-8 years’ experience in a farm of the same capacity; dealing with Roses Production
- Excellent Leadership skills and management skills
- Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
- Good Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Proficient Computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AAA Growers on www.aaagrowers.co.ke to apply