Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Coffey International Development Kenya Jobs, Project Coordinator Jobs
Project Coordinator – Nairobi, Kenya
- Job no: 498369
- Work type: Contract
- Location: Kenya
- Categories: Project management consulting, Economic Growth
- Coffey International Development Kenya, part of Tetra Tech group of companies, is helping to build resilience in the Kenya-Somalia-Ethiopia border by promoting economic development and resilience. Funded by the European Union Trust Fund for Africa, the Building Opportunities for Resilience in the Horn of Africa (BORESHA) project takes a community-driven approach to address vulnerabilities in the tri-border region. The area faces complex challenges within its political, social, economic, and security landscape; yet, all can be overcome by helping the region capitalise on its rich and abundant agricultural and livestock resources and cross-border trade, while also leaning on a common heritage and cultural ties among local communities.
- To fully realise this initiative, Tetra Tech is working in consortium with the Danish Refugee Council, Care International, and World Vision to provide targeted support for micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the area. This support will be based on a labour market assessment that Tetra Tech conducted to identify the sectors with the highest potential for employment, including trade, small-scale manufacturing, construction, and utilities. In addition, a value chain assessment will also identify the most viable value chains that will be targeted and developed under the programme. The Tetra Tech project team has set up Business Development Support Centres (BDSCs) to address low labour force utilisation rates and unemployment. The intervention aims to create jobs and diversify livelihoods for cross-border communities, including for vulnerable people at risk of migration or displacement. The BDSCs will provide further support through apprenticeships, business and technical skills training, in addition to providing business start-up and growth grants. As part of its aims, the programme is also working with local, state and national government authorities, community leaders, youth groups, women’s associations, among other stakeholders.
- The project also includes the set-up of a Tri-Border Committee that sets out the strategic framework to support cross-border markets, connectivity and trade. The target areas of intervention are the border regions of Mandera (Kenya), Dolo Odo (Ethiopia), and Gedo (Somalia).
- The Project Coordinator will serve as the key programme management support assistant for BORESHA. S/he will be responsible for providing coordination and programme management support to BORESHA staff, in particular the Project Manager and Team Leader.
Scope of Work:
- Supports the Project Manager with the quality review of progress reports;
- Provides management and oversight of the project filing and tracking system for all programme documents (including work plans, budgets, and deliverables) and ensures proper implementation of said system. This will include maintaining and managing the project SharePoint site, ensuring file structures are being adhered to, that metadata is being used. This will also include developing advancements to the system to improve internal efficiencies and supporting project staff with the use of the system;
- Monitors compliance with the applicable administrative procurement and recruitment procedures;
- Supports the Project Manager and the Team Leader in the preparation and revision of project work plans;
- Assists the Project Manager with oversight of payment requests for project operational expenses and salaries against work plans and project budgets;
- Follows up on timely disbursements to the project’s consultants, vendors and suppliers;
- Attends both internal and external meetings related to project activities;
- Providing administrative support to project staff and PM on a daily basis;
- Following-up monthly on activities and progress on project targets;
- Developing and centralizing a monthly activity plan with support from the Team Leader to ensure that targets will be met at the end of the project;
- Coordinates the administrative aspects of the project through the Finance and Administration Officers;
- Assists the team to compile all information related to programme management.
- Assists the Project Manager in the oversight of audits, programme evaluations and reviews, helping to ensure that procurement and financial documents meet client requirements and audit standards;
- Follows up with the project’s clients to ensure that invoice requests are approved on time;
- Performs other supporting and administrative duties as required by the Project Manager and Team Leader.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- The individual will be hardworking, have integrity, presentable, team player, with good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- He/she must also have a good grasp of financial and management accounting. Prior experience in the NGO sector or handling similar work will be an added advantage. High integrity, agility, attention to details, flexibility, and being a self-starter will be essential.
- A university degree in Social Sciences/Project Management.
- Computer literacy, especially on QuickBooks system and MS Excel.
- At least three years of experience in programme coordination.
- Open to Kenyan nationals.
- Contract duration: 6 months with a 2-3 months possibility of extension.
- State your current remuneration in your CV.
- Applications close: May 21, 2020.
- Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
- Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
- Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
- Advertised: 14 May 2020 E. Africa Standard Time
- Applications close: 21 May 2020 (11:55 PM) E. Africa Standard Time
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply