Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Bank Jobs, career jobs,
Job Title: Credit Analyst -SME
Reports To: HOD -SME
- The role of SME Analyst is to assist Relationship Managers SME’s, to manage a highquality portfolio of SME clients in a manner that complies with the Bank’s policies (both Shariah and other).
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Preparation of credit proposal
- Receive all the information and documentation required for a proposal from the Senior RMs and RMs to analyze the proposal, follow up with clients on outstanding items
- Assist Senior Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers review/confirm the submitted information and documentation through site visits and subsequent follow-up meetings/conversations—for adequacy, completeness, and compliance with all Bank requirements.
- Prepare a draft of the credit proposal for review by Sector RMs and SRMCommodities and General Trade
- Finalize the credit proposal by incorporating comments from Sector RMs and SRMCommodities and General Trade
- Assist Sector Relationship Managers and Senior Relationship Manager-SME Hub gather further information required to respond to questions from the Credit Committee
- Ensure fulfillment of all conditions precedent to facility disbursement, and ensure that all the relevant documentation is in place
Portfolio management and collection
- Conduct consistent monitoring to prevent defaults on client’s payment, alterations in the client’s business, and to be aware of forthcoming client’s financial needs
- In the event of non-payment of a facility installment, ensure that the Sector RM or Senior RM-SME Hub contacts the client immediately (meeting him/her in person if required), and, if not resolved, assist them in subsequent actions to recover credit in arrears according Bank procedures.
- Monitor accounts in arrears and overdrawn accounts, work with the SRM, RM and relevant Bank staff to reduce the portfolio at risk and work with the Collections Unit to develop and implement recovery processes Monitor maturing deals and FMAs and advise senior RM/RM to obtain instructions or payments from the customer
- Ensure that credit files are complete and up to date, with the required back up Job Profile- Credit Analyst SME 2 arrangements(both electronic and hard copy); mirror files should be well maintained at the branch for ease of reference
- Ensure that all client documentation is complete and up to date—this is especially important to ensure timely disbursement of facilities
- Capturing and updating facility applications in the system
- Ensuring that Shariah-related, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and other policies are adhered to
- Assist SRMs and RMs to enhance the Bank’s profitability by ensuring Bank income (e.g. upfront fees, guarantee fees) is collected promptly Conduct appraisal of facilities
Qualification and experience
- Business graduate from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics. Professional qualification such as CPA, CFA will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of at least two (2) years in a similar position, with hands on experience in managing a portfolio of clients and analyzing corporate proposals.
- Ability to prepare financing proposals
- Ability to analyze balance sheet and profit & Loss statements
- Ability to do cash flow analysis,
- Knowledge of business segments and economic/industry sectors and risks relating to the segments
- Knowledge of relevant Shariah policies/ processes
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Bank policies, e.g. Credit, KYC, AML
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Shariah policies and processes
Business development skills
- A good understanding of the target market and growth opportunities
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Ability to negotiate and close deals
- Ability to cross sell products of the Bank and maximize on revenues from a customer
- Ability to monitor targets, use relevant information from dashboard to identify areas to focus on.
- Ability to identify what competition is doing and recommend improvements in Bank’s products/services
Job title :Assistant Manager
, Schemes Reports to: Relationship Manager, Schemes
Mobilize and grow Assets and Deposits in retail banking segment whilst ensuring that the customers in the corporate, SME, Institutions, HNI are retained profitably.
- Assist Business Development, Monitoring and Debt Recovery in implementation of agreed strategies aimed towards improving asset and liability portfolio
- Contribute to the growth of schemes business
- Monitor monthly loan payments/ check off payments
- Effect check offs and ensure timely delivery of check off schedules to employers
- Schemes relationship management
- Follow up on schemes MOUs to ensure speedy sign off.
- Monitor re-invoicing and collections and ensure they are well conducted
- Monitor hardcore cases and ensure they are sent to DRU & external debt collectors and close follow-up to ensure clients regularize their loan accounts
- Compilation and sharing of various retail performance reports with the relevant teams and management on a daily, weekly and Monthly basis
- Monitor portfolio Clean Up, and follow up with Credit Administration to ensure all loans in the system are corrected and well maintained
- CRB listing – Ensure all defaulting clients who deserve to be listed are all listed with the various Credit Reference Bureaus
- Build and maintain customer relationships in order to achieve excellent customer service and customer loyalty
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against business risks associated with retail and consumer banking
- Escalate any recommended improvements in procedures Skills,
Experience and Competencies Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Business related field.
- Relationship Management experience.
- Must possess experience in portfolio management from a financial institution.
- Possess Public Relationship skills in both formal and social gatherings and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with those interacted with in the course of carrying out duties.
- Assistant Manager Schemes 2
- Credit management experience.
- Life skills – confidence and ability to relate to people from varied circumstances and walks of life.
- Knowledge of credit industry and legal processes and application in a schemes administration.
- Emotional Intelligence; Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent selling skills
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Relationship Management skills with excellent Human Relations skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A passion for performance, building team play, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Pleasant, honest, outgoing, well groomed and self-driven