Data, Business Analysis and AI, Project Management , Research, Agriculture, Agro-Allied , Consultancy,
Resource Mobilization Officer – Data, Analysis, and Intelligence (DAI) N-23-73
About the role:
- The successful candidate will support RM efforts by contributing up-to-date information, intel and analyses of the funder and partnership landscape relevant to CIP. Also, the selected candidate will provide administrative and substantive support to the daily business operations of the unit and the organization as a whole. This position will report to the Resource Mobilization Director and would be based preferably in Nairobi, Kenya; but candidates from other countries where CIP has operations are welcome to apply.
- Lead data, analysis and intelligence on funders and partners:
- Closely monitor the engagement landscape as it relates to CIP to ensure key information on funder and partner priorities is kept up-to-date and relevant,
- Closely monitor changes in global development agendas, and opportunities and risks with regards to CIP mandate and scope of operations
- Providing input to development of funder engagement strategies, as appropriate.
- Develop forecast models and scenario planning for country, region or HQ institutional funding income to inform operational and strategic decision making
- Production of market insight and trend analysis. This will include analysis on any key shocks to the ODA market, competitor analysis and strategic advice for decision making.
Lead design and manage (ICT-based) processes, systems and tools for DAI
- Support design and improvement of processes, systems and tools required to collect, analyses and interpret data and present it in a clear way useful for tactical decision-making and planning.
- Collect and analyze internal data to ensure that information in all relevant RM databases and reporting matrices is updated and correct.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis for high level internal reporting requirements, including Board documentation.
- Support maintenance of CIP RM proposal data for One CGIAR monthly pipeline reporting.
- Oversee internal audit compliance with CIP RMU processes and procedures.
- Production of financial reporting and pipeline analysis, tracking Institutional Funding performance against Key Performance Indicators, contributing to the RM Dashboard
Support identification and development of funding opportunities
- Identify new funding opportunities and new funders.
- Conduct opportunity eligibility reviews.
- Serve as Proposal Manager for selected opportunities.
- Support the PNM process, collecting documentation, monitoring OCS system for PNM, quality check of PNM submissions, drafting PNM minutes and following up as required with PIs and other colleagues/units concerned.
Support funder outreach and engagement
- Based on data analysis and intelligence gathered, assist in preparation of talking points, meeting bios and other information required to support funder and partner engagement.
- Manage and track internal communications with internal and external stakeholders as required.
Support RM team
- Provide backstopping support to other RM staff as required.
- Provide support to the RMU and CIP administrative processes and functions, as assigned by the RMD, such as attendance to RMU meetings.
- Train/monitor junior consultant workload as required.
- Comply with national and international health and safety laws, regulations, and standards. Provide input into the monthly RM reporting
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree (with thesis completed) in Business Administration, Financial Management, Operations or related field.At least 8 years of professional experience in resource mobilization or related areas.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in MS Word, PowerPoint,Experience with ICT tools, databases, dashboards, and other visualization formats to collect, store and present RM information.
- Experience with analysis, preparations of reports and briefs
- Excellent budgeting and preparing presentations.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish would be an advantage.
Monitoring and Evaluation Learning (MEL) Consultant
- The main purpose of the consultancy is to review the MEL system that is being used to monitor and evaluate activities of the RTC-MARKET project. The MEL system should leave effective monitoring and Evaluation Learning (MEL) of the programme in response to the goal and objectives which focuses on RTC commercialization. This will also provide a basis for effective Planning, Coordination and Partnership, and Reporting for the new approach. The MEL System is also intended to generate appropriate knowledge to assess impact in the mid and end of term.
The Consultant will work closely work with the program manager and M&E specialist of the project. In executing this assignment, the consultant will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Review project documents including the theory of change, log frame, annual targets and indicators, and existing monitoring tools
- Review the monitoring and evaluation systems and practices to generate evidence-based feedback for planning, program review and impact assessment and policy formulation.
- Interact with all participating partners to understand and guide their roles and responsibilities and their entry points towards the project goal of RTCs commercialisation
- Interact with partners and assess performance in terms of activity implementation and data collection with reference to the project goal and deliverables
- Review the monitoring and evaluation framework and M&E plan for implementation. The framework should reflect key performance indicators (output and outcomes) with clear definitions, milestones, data collections strategize, and frequency of collection among other variables related RTC market and commercialization. It should include methodologies for measuring indicators and the responsible partner for data collection. It should also clearly demonstrate how the impacts outlined will be measured and evidence for the evaluations will be generated. Systematic disaggregation of data by sex, youth and geographical location.
- Develop a project implementation manual road map, an information management system or tool to manage an integrated monitoring and evaluation framework
- Support the M&E specialist to implement the new monitoring and evaluation framework and information system among partners
- Contribute to development of baseline study approach and tools
- Interact with project partners to understand and guide their roles and responsibilities in the project, in line with the project model and MEL framework for RTC commercialization
- Develop an appropriate information management system to facilitate storage, management and synthesis of M&E data
- Support the project M&E specialist and partners in implementing the monitoring and evaluation framework and information management system for RTC commercialization.
- PhD. in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Business Management, Economics, or any other closely related field, Anthropology, or related studies, those with Doctoral degree will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge of developing baseline study approaches and tools, MEL frameworks.
- Experience in development planning and in monitoring market-led and private sector-driven agricultural commercialization programs.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of professional experience in designing MEL framework, databases and systems development, with proven programming skills.
- Demonstrable experience in using reviews and evaluation as a tool for lesson learning.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Compact Coordinator -Orange Fleshed SweetPotato (OFSP)
- The Consultant will lead the OFSP Compact that is being implemented by CIP and his/her duties will include provision of effective technical and managerial leadership in all aspect of the OFSP compact, overseeing the work of implementing partners and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of the OFSP project activities. Specifically, the consultant will be required to carry out the following services: lead the Orange Fleshed Sweet-Potato Compact and the development of all the necessary submissions for approval by the TAAT Clearing house, TAAT PMU and the AfDB; oversee day-to-day management and implementation of value chain compact activities in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams; facilitate the implementation of value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving value chain and TAAT set goals and provide support to all value chain public and private sector partners in each participating country
- The selected Consultant will report to the Senior Program Coordinator – Sweet-potato and the assignment shall be for an initial period of One (1) year and subject to renewal with satisfactory performance.
- The selected consultant should possess an advanced postgraduate degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Business Administration, Food Technology, Agricultural Extension or a closely related field to the Potato value chain; minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with at least three (3) years of experience with the Sweet-potato value chain (vine multiplication, production, storage and processing etc.); relevant work experience in project management especially with projects that link farmers to the market will be added advantage; experience in leading projects that are involved in public-private partnership.
Value Chain Technology Transfer Officer
- The Consultant will be a member of the OFSP Compact Team and will assist in the identification of business partners in each country in which TAAT will be implemented and provide expertise necessary for successful implementation of value chain compact activities, in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams.
- Specifically, he/she will coordinate the development of TAAT technologies adoption work plans in each country;
- together with country leaders and Value Chain Specialist, assist in the identification of business partners in each country in which TAAT will be implemented;
- provide expertise necessary for successful implementation of value chain compact activities, in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams;
- assist in the preparation of food technology outreach campaigns in each country of implementation;
- provide expertise in approaches necessary to deploy technologies, according to the defined target areas, mobilising all actors across the value chain;
- facilitate the implementation of the value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving value chain and TAAT-set goals;
- provide technical and business support to all value chain public and private sector partners in each participating country and ensure that they are fully and actively engaged;
- work with Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) to ensure that capacity is built in all needed areas for various stakeholders within the value chain; work with young Agripreneurs in each country of implementation through demonstration and training, in close collaboration with the ENABLE-TAAT Compact;
- ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the Compact are prepared and submitted to the value chain coordinator office on schedule; carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Value Chain Specialist and/or Institutional Management Office to meet the objectives of the value chain.
- The selected candidate should possess a master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Business Administration, Food Technology, Supply Chain Management, or a closely related field to the value chain; minimum of 5-6years of professional work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in value chain development or products development, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa; relevant work experience in agribusiness management, Agri-processing, supply chain management (experience with projects that link farmers to the market will be an added advantage); work experience in product development at the industrial level will be an added advantage; experience in projects involved in public-private partnerships; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills in English. In addition, good working knowledge of French is preferred; demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
About the role
- The Accounting Analyst will provide support to the Finance Unit for CIP-Kenya to ensure efficient and timely deliverable of their objectives.
- Receive and record invoices in the invoice register & check them for consistency and accuracy according to CIP guidelines and policies.
- Prepare payments and ensure the safety of financial resources.
- Ensure appropriate supporting documents for transactions including receipts, invoices, contracts are attached.
- Ensure that payment requests are properly approved and that payments are effected within CIP-SSA turn-around time.
- Record financial transactions following proper classification of accounts and cost centre in the documents.
- Posting of the financial transactions to systems UNIT 4 Agresso.
- Maintaining an updated Fixed assets register by ensuring all the acquisitions, transfers and disposal are recorded.
- Reconciliation of balance sheets accounts.
- Reconciling and management of VAT accounts to ensure invoices with VAT are ready for processing the Exemption certificate.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure all bills are posted according to the period of the service provided (Utility Bills, Rentals, IT, Facilities) monthly.
- Management of overdue supplier’s accounts to ensure all outstanding bills are reconciled and paid on time.
- Ensure all payments are filed sequentially and stamped PAID in readiness for audit.
- Ensure financial transactions are carried out in accordance with the Center’s financial and administrative policies and procedures and maintain detailed and accurate records for all financial transactions.
- Ensure and support in the maintenance of a good filing system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- CPA II or ACCA level 2.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in accounting, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Accounting software packages (Preferably UNIT 4 Agresso).
- Aptitude for understanding complex regulations and monitoring financial transactions and documentation for compliance.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player in a busy environment, often with tight deadlines.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.