Intern – Graphic Design – Nairobi
Description of Responsibilities
- Support to the Regional Office in graphic design for various collateral as needed for internal and external communications purposes;
- Support communications team on various communications related tasks including research, web management, campaigns and event management;
- Support with the creation and uploading of content for the related online platforms;
- Support in prepararing presentations,decks,pitches,toolkits,posters,publications, and other visuals;
- Assist the communications team in the curation and coordination of key events and communication opportunities such as campaigns and webinars;
- Support the communications team with media monitoring.
Learning goals include:
- Enhnced knowledge on gender equality and women empowerement;
- Enhanced knowledge on communications;
- Enhance knowledge on event management and campaign coordination.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud application suite incl. Indesign, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Demonstrable Knowledge of web design and CMS platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNWOMEN internships must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree in (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Preferred fields of study: Graphic design, Communications or related fields;
- Demonstrated experience in producing various communications materials (social media graphics and videos, blogs, human-interest stories, presentations, brochures, etc.) (required);
- Experience managing social media channels (desirable);
- Knowledge of the international relevant media ecosystem (desirable);
- Creativity in writing and designing content, including storytelling skills is an advantage;
- Experience coordinating events and gatherings with multiple actors including government, civil society, public and private sector (desirable);
- Experience working for international organizations is an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills;
- Knowledge of additional official languages of the UN is desirable.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Specialist
- Under the overall management and supervision of the Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the M&E and KM Specialist will be responsible for supporting all the UN Trust Fund’s Monitoring and Evaluation and KM activities at the Secretariat Level. The post holder will: monitor, assess, analyze and produce reports about key results and achievements across grantees’ projects; support capacity development workshops every year for new grantees; provide technical support to UN Trust Fund shortlisted applicants and grantees to ensure the compliance with the UN Trust Fund requirements on Results-Based Planning, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation; support RBM and M&E activities at the UN Women corporate level as requested; and contribute to the development and implementation of the UN Trust Fund’s online Grants Management System (GMS) or other similar systems.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate UN Trust Fund’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management activities at the Secretariat Level:
- Facilitate the implementation of the UN Trust Fund’s M&E framework – part of the UN Trust Fund’s Strategy
- Provide quality assurance of UNTF program documents through adhoc review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria.
- Coordinate annual work plan monitoring, reviews and quality reporting in UN Women’s Results Management System (RMS).
- Develop, update and ensure the effective use of M&E-related guidance documents by relevant staff, including the M&E sections of the UN Trust Fund’s Reporting Guidelines, Baseline and Evaluation Guidelines, and the Results Chain and Results Framework Guidelines for Full-Fledged Proposals
- Contribute to the development of and implementation of the M&E sections and results framework of UN Trust Fund strategies, including support in the design and tracking of indicators.
- Support the management of internal/external evaluations of UN Trust Fund Strategy and the entire evaluation process, including management of evaluators and overall coordination.
- Manage other monitoring and evaluation-related events, products, and technical assistance needs, and represent the UN Trust Fund at technical meetings.
- Manage the UN Trust Fund M&E sections in UN Women Share Point and M&E-related folders in UN Trust Fund Share drive.
- Coordinate the monitoring, assessment, analysis and production of reports about key results and achievements across grantees’ projects:
- Conduct monitoring missions in collaboration with UN Trust Fund staff and focal points in UN Women Regional/Country Offices, upon request.
- Conduct meta evaluations on grantees’ final external evaluations to assess the quality of those evaluations and to generate recommendations for improvement.
- Generate critical lessons learned, impact achieved and good practices from final grantee evaluation reports and ensure their wider circulation in close collaboration with relevant team members in UNTF and UN Women.
- Through the analysis of mission reports and evaluation reports of grantees’ projects, generate key findings to contribute to the reporting requirements at the UN Trust Fund secretariat level and particularly to the UN Trust Fund’s annual report for the Commission on Status of Women and its donors.
- Maintain and update inventory of UN Trust Fund and grantee evaluations and provide inputs to internal and external stakeholders upon request.
- Provide adhoc support as requested by the M&E and KM Manager on monitoring, assessing and analzing key results and achievements across grantees’ projects.
- Contribute to knowledge management and capacity building:
- Coordinate knowledge management at the UN Trust Fund, including drafting of knowledge products and supporting the Communications team on strategic uptake of knowledge products within and beyond the UN system.
- Work on strategic partnerships and knowledge building within the broader EVAW ecosystem and in coordination with UN Women’s EVAW section.
- Support the delivery of UN Trust Fund Capacity Development workshop for new grantees every year.
- Improve further the existing training materials (presentations and handouts related to monitoring, ethics and safety and evaluation) in consultation with UN Trust Fund staff and other stakeholders.
- Serve as one of the facilitators and trainers to conduct sessions on indicators, data collection and ethics and safety requirements and management of external evaluations and to support grantee group work.
- Support other requests related to knowledge management as deemed essential by the Manager and Chief.
- Provide technical input to the annual grants’ appraisal and selection process and support to shortlisted applicants and grantees to ensure the compliance with requirements on Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Provide substantive inputs into the development of the annual Calls for Proposals and relevant guidance based on lessons learned through UN Trust Fund commissioned evaluations and knowledge products.
- Provide technical inputs into the annual appraisal and selection process, with specific attention to sections related to monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Review and provide feedback on Results and M&E sections of a select sub-set of grantees full-fledged proposals, upon request by and in collaboration with Programme Specialists.
- Lead the review of and provide detailed written feedback on data collection tools and ethics and safety protocols for grantees during the grants lifetime.
- Provide technical support to applicants and grantees in the areas of, baseline data collection/analysis, monitoring, reporting and evaluation, in accordance with the UN Trust Fund M&E guidelines and requirements.
- Assess quality of M&E work by grantees, and prepare periodic technical assessment updates and recommendations for improvements and future guidance on M&E.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the UN Trust Fund’s online systems used/developed by the team:
- Provide substantive management inputs on SHINE Hub, a multi-lingual platform for amplification and co-production of knowledge.
- Provide substantive inputs and support to the GMS team during the requirement gathering to finalize the requirements and business flows for M&E-related modules of GMS (or other similar systems used by the team), including Evaluation module, Data Analysis Sections (canned reports, trend analysis, query builder, data representation in public facing pages).
- As a business user, assist GMS team in reviewing and providing comments on technical specification documents, the mockups and demo site for M&E-related modules, including evaluation module, to ensure that those M&E-related modules are developed in accordance with the UN Trust Fund requirements.
- Use GMS as one of the M&E tools of the UN Trust Fund and analyze the data from the evaluation module as well as Data Analysis sections to consolidate and summarize M&E work of the UN Trust Fund.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization. Competencies CORE VALUES
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent knowledge of results-based management and its application with monitoring and reporting including familiarity with log frames and understanding of baseline data collection and monitoring methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of EVAW and gender quality/women’s empowerment development and use of indicators to support results based management.
- Familiarity with UN system, particularly with regard to project management and more specifically in relation to the development of work plans, budgets, monitoring and reporting plans, purchasing plans and the identification of indicators.
- Ability to manage for results: translate strategy into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitor them, making periodic adjustments as required;
- Ability to build strong relationships with, and focuses on results for clients and partners, responds positively to feedback;
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including civil society and women’s groups;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills;
- Ability to use critical thinking, conceptualize ideas, and articulate relevant subject matter concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and relate to people of different cultures, demonstrating an ability to see issues from other perspectives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master`s degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Social Work, Public Administration and/or Policy, Programme/Project Management, Evaluation or in the field of social sciences or another relevant field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in development, international relations, public administration or other related field, some of which must be in the areas of Results-Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation, knowledge management in the context of ending violence against women and/or gender equality programming.
- Experience in developing and implementing an M&E system is required;
- Experience in designing and conducting training on M&E is required;
- Experience in developing and implementing guidelines and tools on RBM, reporting and M&E is required;
- Experience in managing external and/or internal evaluations is required;
- Experience in data collection and analysis, including questionnaire design and conducting interviewing is required;
- Experience in project/programme management addressing gender equality and women’s empowerment issues is desirable;
- Experience in ending violence against women highly desirable;
- Experience of the UN context and the role of the UN and its agencies funds are desirable.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
- Working knowledge in Spanish and/or French is desirable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE :