Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Advocacy Jobs, NGO Jobs,
Overall purpose of the role:
The position holder will lead on advocacy efforts promoting refugee waste pickers’ access and right to work and related processes. The position holder shall in collaboration with project partners, Mr. Green Africa and UNILEVER foster working relationships within the plastic recycling value chain with a view to make it more professional, efficient, fair and inclusive.
- Lead on the development and implementation of the Fair and formal Recycling Project’s advocacy strategy in collaboration with partners.
- Identify, establish and foster strong working relationships with stakeholders involved in the areas of refugee management, plastic recycling, financial inclusion from government, civil society and the private sector.
- Contribute towards the development of campaigns focused on destigmatization of waste pickers and the promotion of positive behavioral change regarding plastic recycling habits.
- Enhance the visibility and brand recognition of the Fair Recycling Project in collaboration with project partners.
- Support in fundraising efforts by contributing in concept notes and proposal advocacy framework designs including budgetary requirements elements.
- Support the Fair and formal Recycling Project Manager in representation, budget management and donor reporting
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years + working on advocacy, campaigning or communications.
- Experience with building constructive working relationships with diverse stakeholders or working with networks or coalitions
- Demonstrable understanding of how change occurs and of effective advocacy and campaigning strategies including familiarity with online and social media campaigning.
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding working environment.
- Good analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply, both verbally and through writing.
- Excellent computer skills with MS applications Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, international development, law or other relevant discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in spoken Kiswahili
DRC Core Competencies:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract: 11 months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Availability: February 2022
Duty station: Nairobi
Key stakeholders: (internal and external): Fair Recycling Project Partners (Mr. Green Africa & UNILEVER) and allies (World Wildlife Fund [WWF]), Urban refugee and host communities, Refugee Affairs Secretariat, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees , Nairobi County Government and regulatory authorities , Other relevant external partners including the donor as appropriate
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 31st December 2021.