Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
NGO Jobs, HR Jobs, Administration Coordinator,
Human Resource and Administration Coordinator
Due Date16 November 2021
Overall purpose of the role:
The HR & Admin Coordinator is responsible for the management of human resource function for DRC Kenya Country Program. S/he is responsible for ensuring compliance to DRC and donor human resource policies, rules, regulations and systems in a timely, responsible, documented, accurate and confidential manner. The post holder is the most senior post holder in the HR department for the Kenya Country Program
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Recruitment, Retention & Redundancy:
- In close coordination with other relevant staff, responsible for the recruitment of DRC staff and ensures recruitments adhere to DRC policies and practices, that they are fair, transparent, timely, well documented and archived.
- Liaise with senior management to ensure proactive recruitment/redundancy planning during proposal writing, during program implementation and during program closure; participates in finance forecasting for staff remuneration.
- Provide data and analysis on factors impacting DRCs ability to attract preferred candidates, AGD of DRC team, retention rates, etc.; provides solutions that improve DRCs ability to attract and retain a strong workforce.
- Ensures in-coming staff have accurate JDs and contracts, receive comprehensive, well documented and archived induction; that probation objectives and reviews are carried out in a timely manner and that managers are tasked to act on arising concerns.
- Ensure that the Master Data for staff is created and updated in the DRC ERP System at all times as per the DRC Guidelines
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain focal persons to ensure all in-coming staff are assigned work equipment – computer, phone, staff ID, medical card,
- Ensures that out-going staff have a timely, comprehensive, well documented and archived exit process
- Support and guide managers on staff discipline management
- Ensures that managers are adhering to DRCs performance management policies and practices in a fair, timely, well documented and archived manner; as needed reports issues regarding the actualization of performance management with his/her supervisor and other relevant senior managers; provides solutions that improve DRCs ability to actualize the performance management system.
- Leads annual objective setting and performance development processes and ensure that they are timely, accurate, and well documented.
- Ensure that the Performance & Development process is documented in the DRC ERP System for all employees
- Provides technical support and advice on performance management; trains managers on performance management.
- Ensures that staff capacity development is integrated into budgets and planning; works with senior manager to ensure that capacity building is carried out in a cause-effect and high-impact manner that benefits both staff and the program.
Staff Documentation, Payroll and Benefits Administration:
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive and easily retrievable confidential archiving of all HR documents including past and present employees, recruitments, terminations, exits, complaint processes and other relevant documents/information.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper staff documentation and timely preparation of the payroll
- Ensure all employee benefits including base pays, allowances and benefits are paid in accordance to the organization policy
- Ensure all staff have medical, pension and WIBA covers and are registered with AMREF.
- Ensures HR systems are in compliance with internal, donor and national rules and regulations; trains staff in relevant HR policies, rules and regulations; carryout field compliance audits and training visits
- Acts as the focal point for the preparation, execution and follow-up for DRC audits and audits of DRC partners, as pertains to HR
- Ensures appropriate, proactive and properly documented planning/taking of leave and R&R; raises issues on leave and R&R with appropriate senior management.
- Acts as a focal point, and technical resource, on all issues related to HR Policies and practices; liaises with the Regional HR/Admin Manager as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on the Results Contract and API for HR & Administration
- Ensures up-dating and distribution of country program organigram(s)
- Liaise with HoSS in leading CoC complaints investigations, for insuring investigations are fair, timely, confidential and that complainants receive feedback.
- Any other duties as agreed with the HoSS/CD.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in an international organization or equivalent with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advise on employment laws, regulations and policies
- Experience using ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics) and Payroll Systems.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, multitasking, organizational, and prioritization are required;
- Ability to creatively solve problems, juggle multiple priorities within tight deadlines, and calmly and diplomatically deal with unexpected and sudden events that could impact business;
- Awareness and sensitivity to multicultural work – development and ability to form and facilitate dialogue between a diverse group of people with diverse skills and working styles;
- Patience, honesty, integrity, tenacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development
- IHRM Membership/Certification is mandatory
DRC Core Competencies:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.