Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Data science jobs, Data analytics jobs, Applied Mathematics jobs, Information Management jobs,
Data Analysis Assistant
- PROFESSIONALISM: Uses analytical skills and experience to assist in organizing, managing, and disseminating of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Assists with analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Writes queries, assists with report drafting and prepares findings for presentations and other products. Takes pride in the work for the organization and understands the impact that can be brought into the organization by allowing data-driven and evidence-based decisions. Demonstrates ability to plan their work and adjust to changing priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplemental training in data analytics is desirable. Passing the United Nations Data Assistant Test is a prerequisite recruitment consideration for Data Assistants and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
- The test is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in data science, data analytics, applied mathematics, information management, or related area is required.
- The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Experience designing and deploying self-service analytics and reports in data visualization applications (MS Power BI, Qlik, Tableau or similar) is desirable.
- Experience using Webi reports and OLAP analytical spaces in SAP Business Objects is desirable. Experience using database languages or programming languages (R, Python, SQL or others) is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable. NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.