Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Internship jobs, Information Technology jobs, Computing jobs,
Information Technology (I.T) Intern
About Tujenge Jamii Project
The Tujenge Jamii project is a five-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, as well as services in the area of family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV treatment services.
- Increased access and demand for quality FP/RMNCAH, nutrition, and WASH services.
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners, and communities to deliver quality health services.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join the Tujenge Jamii Project as an Information Technology (I.T) Intern to be based at the Nakuru Office.
- I.T user support for USAID Tujenge Jamii project in the Nakuru office and other satellite offices as may be required;
- Configuring new computers and routine maintenance of computers and other equipment for optimal performance;
- Train users on new technologies;
- Assist to carry out networking,, setup of switches and configuring of routers;
- Ensure that company data is safely backed up to OneDrive and SharePoint;
- Providing specifications for computers, printers, scanners, tablets and internet services and confirming the same during the procurement process;
- New staff orientation on use of I.T resources including the email system, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Daily monitoring of the servers to ensure that all equipment run optimally;
- Keeping an up to date inventory of I.T items;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure that service level agreement is always achieved; and
- Serve as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology or Business and Information Technology.
- Minimum KCSE overall grade of B+, with a B+ in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- I.T related professional qualification: Microsoft Certified Professional, A+, N+, CCNA or other recognized and current I.T certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Operation Systems.
- Strong work ethics and attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Independently assists team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
- Budgets / Profitability – Effectively uses time, equipment and resources.
- Development/ growth of team – Actively work to address identified technical skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease; and
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Excellent accounting skills;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Seeks to understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and Deloitte Global.
Talent development – Demonstrate commitment to personal learning and development; understand own potential role as a brand ambassador.