Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
NGO jobs,Careers in Kenya,Research jobs,
Deputy Director – Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC)
- Grant fund. We will allocate funds (approx. £2.4M in total) to partners in ERICC focal countries to support the cost of piloting, scaling up and adapting education programmes.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the fund, including eligibility criteria, appropriate vetting, due diligence, compliance procedures, procedures for avoiding real or perceived conflict of interest, and financial management.
- Assess the number, size, and length of grants to be funded and number of funding windows.
- Set up appropriate arrangements with FCDO for IRC to act as an agent to grant funds.
- Work with web developers to build a portal for proposal submission and review, including ensuring accessibility and equity for all marginalized groups
- Develop information strategy for potential applicants and build Frequently Asked Questions
- Coordinate calls for proposals, initial screening & vetting, and crafting the scoring criteria.
- Establish and convene the proposal Review Panel.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Onboard Grantees and provide technical assistance, and ensure regular reporting.
- Support grantees, particularly smaller organizations, on financial systems, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E), safeguarding, risk management and governance.
- Develop procedures for disbursement of, and invoicing for, grant funds
- Coordinate with grantees to receive and review timely narrative and financial grant reports
- Build systems to identify problems at the grantee level and to put in place remedial actions.
- Supervise projects against objectives and in compliance with donor and IRC guidelines.
- Draft responses to FCDO enquiries or Parliamentary Questions.
- Share progress reports with the ERICC Research Directorate and FCDO.
- Lead Grantees Closeout Process including issuing closure letters, feedback form, closeout meeting, closeout audit, asset disposal processes, and documentation filling.
- Provide operational, financial and contractual oversight of the programme, including:
- Serve as the primary liaison for FCDO contractual compliance and contract management.
- Ensure sound financial management (forecasting, monitor budget vs actuals, cash flow, etc)
- Conduct financial analysis to ensure value for money and adequate funding to achieve results
- Contracting with partners, including vetting, pre-award assessment, and agreeing on budgets and special conditions.
- Support workplanning based on priorities identified by programme leadership.
- Support the preparation and submission of donor reports.
- Ensure strong risk management and mitigation.
- Ensure institutional capacity strengthening for project sub-contractors on key issues such as governance, key policies, human resources, transparency, safeguarding, and finance.
- Lead process for consultancies and commissioned work.
- To deputize the Programme Director when required.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Significant experience in leading FCDO contracts, particularly operational, contracts, and financial leadership and management
- E xperience in running funds or other large granting mechanisms
- B udget development and spending plans, and supervise the financial health of projects
- Risk assessment and mitigation, due diligence assessments and/or audits
- Excellent written and oral English
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Track record of working on own initiative as well as on diverse teams.
- Maintaining positive relationships with collaborators, and having e xcellent communication skills
- Ability to lead varied workload and work under pressure
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Experience of working in international organisation or on a consortia
- Research project experience
- Having worked in one or more of: Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria, Syria, South Sudan, Bangladesh and Myanmar