Earn 200K Working With NGOs
UN, UNDP, World Bank, UNESCO, WHO, USAID
Get the details click here
Procurement / Warehousing Jobs
Category Manager Logistics & Warehousing
- From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
- Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
- Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Diageo’s Procurement structure is a mixture of above-market resources focused on developed world class category strategies and in-market Procurement resources focused on excellence in execution of category strategies and supplier performance management. This role will be a part of the above market category team. The role holder will need to be able to:
- Manage a diverse set of key stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies, both internal to Diageo (Procurement, Opex, Finance, CPRM, Legal, etc) and with external suppliers.
- Be analytically very strong and have a solid procurement background
- Pro-active in identifying suitable areas and information to mine and be comfortable accessing, gathering and analyzing a wide range of market and input cost data to drive out value generating hypothesis and opportunities
- Undertake international travel when needed and meeting / working effectively with stakeholders to drive out key insights on stakeholder needs and value generating opportunities & barriers.
The role has no direct reports but involves remote management of indirect market teams.
Purpose of Role
(IMPORTANT:Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.Use Theses Examples Proven to Work.)
The purpose of the role is to develop the Africa strategy for logistics sourcing and support the Global Category Department and logistics portfolio in helping deliver Diageo’s procurement imperatives, via strategies and sourcing solutions that:
- Secure supply
- Optimise value returned to business and supply centres
- Meet the business needs and deliver the required levels of performance Service and cost
- Minimise supply risk
- Access appropriate capability on innovation and technology
- Drive SRM
- Represent global logistics within the African markets as required
- Contribute to the improvement of ways of working and processes within the global logistics team (e.g. values survey, cost modelling, benchmarking)
The role has accountability for seeking new ways of working with logistics providers across Africa.
- Total Africa category spend for logistics is +/- £130 million pa.
- Individual Supplier spend up to £20m pa.
- Logistics as a category represents 20% of the total Africa Supply spend. The key markets of EABL, Nigeria & South Africa account for 73% of the total Africa logistics spend.
The role holder will work across multiple business units to resolve and remove barriers to expedite flawless execution of the strategies.
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Aspects of complexity include:
- 6 Diageo IMC (9 countries)
- Diverse cultures & market dynamics
- Diageo growth strategy will require fundamental changes to logistics networks, and expectations on suppliers as well as identification of new suppliers
- Differentiated & dynamic routes to market (Spirits & Beer)
- Transportation commoditization. 70 x transport suppliers
- Innovation is a key driver of complexity and growth in this market
Leadership responsibility for developing the logistics category strategy including:
- Ensure seamless leadership and stakeholder relationship with market supply leadership team (Supply Chain Directors, Logistics), and SPEs for all category logistics matters
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of range of analytical tools, market intelligence, commodity drivers, etc.
- Deliver the category strategy across Africa and targeted savings plan
- Effectively manage the category programme through great execution of the individual projects within the region
- Provide in depth market analysis and understanding.
- Source from the marketplace
- Recommend final source(s) & manage contracting process
- Manage strategic elements of supplier relationships
- Manage quality requirements to meet stakeholder requirements
- Ensure risk to Diageo is minimized through contractual coverage and contingency planning
- Develop strategic category management approach to the logistics spend in Africa at optimum cost to support the strategies of the In Market teams delivering sustainable competitive advantage to Diageo.
- Lead the development of best in class logistics solutions across the Diageo supply chain. Work closely with the market team to lead the design, development and execution of strategic sourcing outcomes and projects.
- Lead the development and maintenance of comprehensive intelligence and information gathering network – maintain category cost models, databases and market intelligence
- Lead the sourcing, negotiation and contracting of all Logistics contracts in the Africa region.
- Develop the category approach to SRM, inflation management, and contracting framework to drive standardization and excellence across the category.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A holder of a university degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent
- Purchasing and/or Business qualification desirable (CIPS/MBA)
- 7-10 years of procurement, experience within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding environment.
- Experience in logistics procurement or in the logistics industry
- Have good commercial acumen
- Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious and a team player
- Confidence and some experience in communicating at senior levels
- Ability to successfully manage a large variety of stakeholders from supplier CEO level to warehouse teams
- Exceptional facilitation and project management skills.
- Strong business insight and outstanding commercial acumen
- Willingness to challenge current ways of working in an appropriate manner
- Clear focus and track record on delivery of results
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview