Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Banking jobs,Jobs in Kenya,Standard Chartered Bank Kenya jobs,
Director, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB
The Role Responsibilities
Support the Head, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB to implement the CCIB Operational Resilience Framework within Transaction Banking, working in an agile operating model. The Framework will encompass new Operational Resilience regulations, Business Continuity Management, Crisis Management and Operational Continuity in Resolution (“OCIR”) across Cash and Trade.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The role holder will have knowledge and experience applicable to either Cash or Trade products, or both.
- Support Product Owners for operational resilience within Transaction Banking to implement and maintain first line risk ownership, CCIB Operational Resilience requirements and Policies/Standards set by the Group Resilience team.
- Coordinate and participate in Operational Resilience squads in Transaction Banking and collaborate with stakeholders to meet resilience regulation milestones: identify vulnerabilities, set impact tolerances, priorities improvements, perform stress tests and self-assessment.
- Provide input into the design and undertake implementation of the agreed resilience Target Operating Model within Transaction Banking
- Support the Product Owners in development of Transaction Banking resilience capabilities as it applies to Cash or Trade globally and ensure consistent application across country business teams.
- Leverage capability from the Group Resilience team to ensure best practice, lessons, and capability is shared across the business on design, implementation and maintenance.
- Support the Product Owners to address critical vulnerabilities to business services across Cash and/or Trade are appropriately prioritized in the relevant QPR.
- Coordinate with CCIB Operational Resilience and other Business teams to ensure critical dependencies on operational assets outside Transaction Banking are appropriately prioritized in the relevant QPR.
- Support Head, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB in escalation of risks relating to Operational Resilience to business NFRCs and/or CCIB Operational Resilience as required.
- Support reporting of Operational Resilience risks and treatment actions to NFRC regularly.
- Provide feedback to Head, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB supporting CCIB Operational Resilience, on the overall CCIB Operational Resilience Framework;
- Support the implementation of CCIB-wide guidelines, and controls into Transaction Banking, develop and/or adapt training materials and templates for operational resilience to ensure effective integration into business change processes. Ensure appropriate consultation with Regional and Country Transaction Banking stakeholders.
- Implementation scope includes: new operational resilience regulation requirements; business continuity management; crisis management; and OCIR.
- Support Product Owners’ review and challenge of Important/Critical business services and impact tolerance thresholds proposed by the business. Identify strategic changes or vulnerabilities requiring remediation.
- Assist implementation of controls within the business to maintain and periodically review Important/Critical business services and Impact Tolerance thresholds as part of the business change management process.
- Participate in workshops, exercises and scenario testing to identify vulnerabilities in resilience of operational assets. (IT, Data, 3rd parties, people, property etc.)
- Support the Product Owners on QPR/NFRC submissions related to OR treatment, improvement actions and monitoring of risks.
- Assist the development of Group Business level response, continuity, recovery, crisis management capability, teams, plans within Transaction Banking
- Support the design and implementation of monitoring in the business to identify changes to the risk profile of operational assets such as high criticality systems, SLAs, organisational design, movement of operational capability.
- Support the Product Owners to embed group and country level capability applicable to Cash and/or Trade to respond and recover from natural disasters, market events, external attacks and topical situations such as elections. This includes the development and management consolidated Operational Resilience Response & Recovery Plans, Crisis Management Plans, Playbooks and Runbooks.
- Coordinate for crisis exercises on behalf of Transaction Banking within the CCIB Crisis Management Group and support preparation for crisis exercises on a regular basis to ensure preparedness for any contingency.
- Support the Head, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB and Product Owners on QPR/NFRC submissions related to OR treatment, improvement actions and monitoring of risks.
- Support the Product Owners implementation of Group policies standards, CCIB Resilience Framework and local regulatory requirements through prioritisation within applicable QPRs and subsequent execution by relevant squads.
- Understand and assess the impact of changes to Transaction Banking from Resilience policies, standards and CCIB Resilience Framework to ensure the impact is understood.
- Recommend additions/enhancements/changes to the Operational Resilience policy, standard, guidelines, procedures, and controls as applicable.
- Monitor Operational Resilience profile and posture within Transaction Banking and report any non-compliance to the Product Owner.
- Participate and represent Transaction Banking in Operational Resilience working groups to provide updates and influence positive outcomes for the Business.
- Design and support the implementation of operational resilience KRIs, KCIs and other risk ratings/assessments, as well as process designs using available MI across Transaction Banking
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Transaction Banking. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head, Business Continuity & Resilience, TB as Transaction Banking Operational Resilience Product Owner
- Transaction Banking Business and COO teams
- Product Owner, Operations Resilience, CCIB
- Operational Risk
- Group Operational Resilience team
- Business QPRs / NFRCs
- Country / Regional – Business Heads, and Country Resilience teams
- L&D team and Learning Academies
- GIA, External Auditors
Our Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of Banking experience
- Cash and/or Trade product and process Knowledge
- Masters or Bachelors degree
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of the Global regulatory environment and the ongoing developments
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk governance frameworks & quality framework and processes
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Project and Program Management skills
- Data and Management Information design capability
- Knowledge of all segments in the business and activities with a broad understanding of CCIB Banking business
- Proven ability effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required