Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Data Science jobs, Research jobs, M&E jobs,
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Program Manager
Purpose of the position
- The Senior M&E Program Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of monitoring and evaluating DNDi activities. S/He must be able to monitor progress of individual projects and assess the performance of programs comprised of multiple projects. In addition, s/he must be able to aggregate organization-wide data to monitor DNDi’s progress against its own overall global M&E framework and log frames to evaluate DNDi performance overall. The position must also be able to provide strategic input into shaping organizational indicators for a 5-to-8 years organization-wide strategy and be able to develop and implement an M&E framework and log frames for the same.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of DNDi ’s M&E activities.
- Coordinate an international network of M&E focal points within DNDi to ensure timely, accurate reporting of high-quality data on DNDi’s projects and programs
- Define the appropriate organization and governance, incl. roles and responsibilities all along the chain from data collection to impact evaluation and reporting at project, program and global/strategic level at DNDi
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on how to translate evidence generated into the overall DNDi M&E framework
- Design and implement a framework integrating M&E at project/program level and the monitoring of the Strategic plan execution, to inform the strategic decision-making process at DNDi’s executive Team level
- Design, develop and deploy tools, protocols and procedures for data collection, performance monitoring, and impact evaluation, incl. for new activities or projects
- Develop data collection and analysis strategies with project/program management teams, leverage internal expertise or manage consultants to carry out these activities
- Ensure continuous improvement in M&E practice and tools at all levels of the organization and to all teams at DNDi through technical support, training and coaching
- Ensure technical rigor of program data collection, management, analysis and reporting
- Work with all external partners (governments, academic institutions, private companies) to coordinate data gathering, analysis and reporting for collaborative projects
- Coordinate with Fundraising for M&E components of funding proposals, and to ensure smooth reporting of data to funders
- Coordinate with Operations Global team and External Affairs for M&E components of Annual Strategic performance evaluation and reporting to DNDi’s stakeholders
- Contribute to key scientific publications and conference presentations as appropriate.
- Contribute to fostering sustainable capabilities for M&E in project countries.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities appropriate to your grade. This job description may be subject to review.
· The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Program Manager reports to the Strategy and Operations Director, with a dotted line to the Head of Operations of the Africa Regional Office in Nairobi
- Works with a variety of teams and regional offices in DNDi, including disease teams and external fundraising
- External stakeholders including researchers, health officials, and civil society
- This role promotes programs and maintains productive relationships by projecting the image of a credible partner and ensures commitment of partners.
Skills and Attributes
- Very strong ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Very clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem solving competencies
- Very strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Very strong ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Very well organized and structured
- Very strong analytical skills
- Very strong ability to lead project delivery
- Very strong ability to manage large size projects with budget management
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership abilities
- Very strong management, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Very strong ability to exercise high degree of independence to support program delivery and explore new areas of activities
- Very strong ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and motivate a team for optimum performance, supervising junior staff
- Over 8 years of professional experience in designing and/or overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities (e.g. needs assessment, impact evaluations, quantitative and/or qualitative analysis, cost-effectiveness studies, surveys).
- Strong experience in project management and leading M&E projects in complex international organization with diverse programs and geographic foci.
- Relevant sectoral expertise (public health, health sector, non-profit, pharmaceutical industry, working with large global health organizations).
- Experience translating technical findings into actionable recommendations for program managers.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams in an international, multicultural context
- Strong interpersonal skills