Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
UNEP Jobs, Finance Assistant Job, Kenyan Finance Jobs, UNV Youth Jobs, Jobs in Kenya,
Position: Youth Volunteer – Finance Assistant
Mission and objectives
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Since its inception in 1972, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has been the global authority that sets the environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, UNEP works through its divisions as well as regional, liaison and out-posted offices and a growing network of collaborating centres of excellence.
This position will be based within the GEF Team, Economy Division, UNEP office based in Gigiri Nairobi. This position will be supervised under the Fund Management Officer within the GEF team. The key functions are performed under a broad partnership with multiple sectors at the national and devolved units which requires individual flexibility and adaptation skills.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Budget Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide support with regard to the review, analysis and preparation of the project budgets and the revisions.
- Prepare supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to GEF submissions and UNEP Programme of Work.
- Assist in preparing contractual documents for Executing Agencies.
- Monitor expenditures and compare with approved budgets; prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyse variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Monitor integrity of various financial databases.
- Verify accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data.
- Periodic reconciliation of accounts.
- Review cash advance requests and upon certification by the fund management officer prepare payments for final disbursement by cashier.
- Review incoming expenditure reports and upon certification by the fund management officer input in relevant databases/systems.
- Notify payees on status of payments.
- Assist fund management officers regarding queries on budget, payment and deposit related issues and draft related correspondence.
- Maintain updated files and archives as required.
- Prepare project completion and closing revisions including all supporting documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
- Age: 18-26
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
Closing date: November 18, 2021
Apply on the UN Platform: https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1675224962263296