Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Position: Temporary Communication Assistant
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Project: Afya Uzazi Nakuru/Baringo Program
FHI 360 seeks a Temporary Communication Assistant for a project in Nakuru and Baringo counties. Reporting to the Communication Officer, the Temporary Assistant will support the program officers and implementing partners to document and disseminate best practices and success stories from then project. The position will be based in Kabarnet, Baringo County.
Scope of Work
- Work with the program team to identify stories and best practices.
- Conduct desk research, interviews interview selected stakeholders at different levels, write and edits human interest stories and promising/best practices.
- Capture program highlights and key players I photographs
- Update the project image database
- Upload new content to the project website
- Assist in organizing and documenting key events.
- Have completed a degree in a communications-related field or be in the final year.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to write articles on diverse issues
- Be computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding and ability to use common social media platforms.
- Be ready to undertake routine communication support assignments
- Demonstrated ability to take photos that tell a story.
Duration: Three months renewed to six months.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview