Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Entry Level Position at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Gift Shop Attendant
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 12.Oct.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Job Number: MAR00357
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our retail outlets reflect the luxury of our hotels and the authenticity of our destinations. We invite you to showcase your passion for engaging service as a Retail Clerk, where your warmth and knowledge of our offerings will assist guests in re-creating our exceptional hotel experience in their own homes.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Mara Safari Club, a luxury Resort hotel in Kenya. Surrounded on three sides by the breathtaking Mara River, and on the edge of the world’s Seventh “New” Wonder of the World – the Masai Mara – Fairmont Mara Safari Club is the epitome of tented luxury.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Attend to customers in a professional and polite manner while up-selling merchandise
- Ensure the shop is neatly maintained and stock is replenished
- All cashiering duties
- Provide basic sales techniques and promote “Fairmont” exclusive merchandise to customers
- Partake in stock-take and month end inventories
- Ensure the shop is clean at all times
Assist in greeting, check in and settle guest accounts while ensuring all service standards are followed
Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
Follow all safety policies
Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience within retail preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and or Point of Sales System required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must be revenue driven
- Must possess a professional presentation
Proficiency in English (verbal and written), second language an asset
Previous customer related experience preferred
Previous PMS experience an asset.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to live and work in Kenya.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview