How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even without a Degree or Masters
Free Event Register here
Senior Program Manger Opening, Career Jobs,
Senior Program Manager – (2000009M)
Closing Date: 15th January 2021
Equity Group Foundation (EGF) is a corporate foundation of Equity Group Holdings Plc. It was created in 2008 to undertake the social investment work of the bank. It focuses on seven pillars under the critical thematic areas of; Food & Agriculture, Education & Leadership Development, Energy & Environment, Enterprise Development & Financial Inclusion, Health, and Social Protection. Currently the Group is seeking additional talent in Equity Group Foundation to serve in the role outlined below.
Reporting to the Associate Director – Education & Leadership Development the ideal candidate’s key duties and responsibilities will include:Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in Education Pillar strategic planning and serve as part of the Pillar’s leadership team
- Take responsibility for the overall leadership of mentoring program implementation and management
- Remain current with developments on the field of education and general leadership and bring best practice to the Education and Leadership program
- Provide continuous improvements in performance and learning outcomes for Wings to Fly and Elimu scholars
- Develop incentives and training to enhance mentoring skills among teacher champions, branch champions and mentors to benefit the Wings to Fly and Elimu scholars
- Develop strong relationships with Ministry of Education and especially management staff at key institutions such as the Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association (KESSHA), Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), and all secondary schools where scholars are present
- Provide oversight on the program including supervision of 27 staff across different program areas in the pillar
- Develop and review mentoring themes and concepts for each scholars’ convening and training
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the program including ensuring mentorship targets are met as scheduled.
- Developing the pillar’s annual work plans and program budget.
- Reviewing and authorizing program related expenditure schedules in line with program budgets
- Identify new/potential program partners for both financial and technical engagement.
- Reviewing mentoring reports – received from the MFCs on quarterly basis and as may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring all scholar reports are filed in the DMIS e.g. incidences and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for the review and timely delivery of donor reports
- Enhance the program image by managing relationships with partners and other stakeholders in respect of the day-to-day interactions and the operation of the program
- Identifying and documenting success stories of scholars
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation pillar to ensure the authenticity of each scholar in the scholarship program
- Be informed of events happening in the Education Sector and ensure EGF’s participation in brand building
- Ensure that all disciplinary issues with scholars are resolved and support granted to ensure welfare of scholars.
- Work with the Communications Department to generate reports, stories and materials to communicate the impact of the programs
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director, Education and Leadership Development
- Master’s degree in education, development, leadership or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience designing, executing and evaluating education initiatives in secondary and tertiary institutions
- Prior experience working on comprehensive education programs especially around curriculum development, mentorship and career counselling
- Knowledge of Kenyan education systems and implementation frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in program design and delivery
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge on data management systems
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview