How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
IT Jobs in Kenya
ICT Officer – 1 Position
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the ICT officer job exists to oversee and coordinate the provision of Information and Communication Systems services, solutions and support, and advise the University Management.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the ICT manager in tracking departmental expenses to help forecasting and budgeting corporation ICT requirements and advising management
- Help in maintaining ICT hardware and soft-ware inventories
- Ensuring communication and working relationships between IT and other departments within the organization as well as IT service providers
- Serving as the technical assistant for system implementation projects to bring consistency to project execution and life cycle
- Assist the ICT manager in identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Assist in attaining time frames for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Assist in the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training as directed by ICT Manager
- Assist in developing innovative network trouble shooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs.
- Works with system vendors as required to configure, customize or upgrades to existing systems in order to fit different end user needs in the different sections and units in the University.
- Works with various departments and strategic management department business analysts to develop system requirement specifications (SRS) based on business processes in the University.
- Perform tuning, balancing, improvement, automation and usability of the existing software and applications in the University.
- Review the existing systems in use by different sections and units in the University and propose areas and approaches for improvements.
- Oversee and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of progress and achievement of the ICT systems section’s programmes, procedures, processes and services in the hospital, and prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Analyze data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by departmental managers.
- Proactively manage data quality in some systems
- Contribute regularly to discussion regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the University
- Provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the ICT are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT or Computer Science/Engineering from a recognized institution.
- At least Two years working experience as an ICT Applications Officer or related field
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Design, implement and manage University network architecture (LAN/WAN, connectivity, etc.)
- Assist with creation of policies and procedures
How To Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 24th January 2020.
Click HERE to apply
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer