Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
|Salary:||KES 1,030,750 Gross per annum|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||9 Oct 2019|
|Interview date:||To be confirmed|
|Start date:||Earliest possible.|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The purpose of of this role is to coordinate all monitoring and evaluation activities for the Deliver Equitable and Sustainable Inclusive Family Planning program (DESIP) project. The objective of the DESIP project is to increase more equitable and sustainable access to modern contraceptives in Kenya, specifically for up to 322,000 additional users, with a focus on adolescents, people with disabilities and poor rural women in Kenya. In line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) to promote universal sexual and reproductive health and rights, the programme also seeks to contribute to a world in which every mother can enjoy a wanted and healthy pregnancy and childbirth, every child can survive beyond their fifth birthday, and every woman, child and adolescent can thrive to realize their full potential, resulting in enormous social, demographic and economic benefits. The programme is expected to ensure that women are able to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health, particularly the young and marginalized.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, nursing and social sciences, or related field or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programmes particularly for family planning and sexual reproductive health programmes.
• Demonstrated experience in use of MOH reporting system (DHIS)
• Experience in conducting, coaching and mentorship of data quality audits (DQA)
• Demonstrated ability in project design and management, data analysis, writing reports, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Proven experience in research methodologies, operations research, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
• Experience in managing and operating web-based M&E platforms and tools
• Strong skills and outstanding experience and knowledge in use of computer packages e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point and SPSS
• Excellent written and verbal, communication, skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Strong presentation and training facilitation skills
• Conversant with current trends in monitoring, evaluation and research
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya. VSO Kenya does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here to Make an Application