|FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT, G4
|Job Code Title:
|FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
|United Nations Office at Nairobi
|05 July 2023 – 03 August 2023
|Job Opening Number:
|23-Facilities Management-UNON-206913-R-Nairobi (R)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN Headquarters in Africa supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Resident Coordinator system (RCS), as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
The post is located in the office of United Nations Office at Nairobi, Central Support Services/ Facilities Management and Transport Section (CSS/ FMTS), Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief, the incumbent will provide general Facilities Management support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the Unit and is responsible for:
• Participates in the preparation of reports on buildings services: collects and compiles information, checks statistical data for accuracy, makes simple cost calculations, translates statistical data into graphs, computes year to year operational expenses.
• Participates in cost estimates of engineering works and budget projections.
• Receives request for repairs, generates appropriate work orders and blueprints, specifying the appropriate technical data, and dispatches them to the appropriate trade shops to proceed with alteration work.
• Follows up on pending requisitions and requests for additional work and priority services.
• Secures signatures of authorized personnel for approval of projects, requisitions, invoices.
• Creates, maintains and monitors project files for work (including Scope of Works, Bill of Quantities, Technical Specifications, Drawings, Technical Evaluation Criteria).
• Monitor Grounds Keepers and perform routine on-site inspections, contractual follow up with respective maintenance related service providers (especially custodial, building/civil works and landscaping related to the status/condition of buildings and grounds at the UNON Complex).
• Develops and maintains a filing system for requisitions, original construction documents, architectural, structural, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
• Maintains and controls any request for copies of architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical plans.
• Catalogues drawings in electronic format by assigning codes to proposals, sketches and construction documents.
• Reviews contractors’ invoices and assists with cost recovery as required.
• Controls stock of office supplies of the section.
• Coordinates construction and renovation projects on-site.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Performs other duties as required.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of the Organization’s rules and regulations as they pertain to building management and industry codes and standards; ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva
- (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in facilities management, building management, engineering, architecture, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Microsoft Teams, Word, One Drive, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) is required.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD (or any similar/equivalent design software) is required.
- Experience in an International working environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of Enterprise resource planning (ERP) SAP is desirable.
- 1 year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of” confident” in two of the four areas.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
I’m Daniel Mutuku, a Career Coach. I help professionals get jobs with the UN, NGOs and international organisations.
Discover and unlock your full career potential and achieve your top career goals. As your career coach, I will support you through the application process, all the way until you secure the job.
Professionals who want to get a job that pays them well for their skills, experience and who strongly want to be in charge of their professional life always have a COACH.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”—George Eliot