International Rescue Committee Jobs, IRC Jobs, NGO Jobs, Jobs in Kenya,
- Job Id: req47162
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi Municipality
- Country: Kenya
- Category: Operations & Administration Support
- Employee Category Fixed Term
- Job Type: Full Time
- Open To Expatriates: No
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling
- Compensation: Monthly Save
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is one of the world’s largest international humanitarian non-governmental organizations (INGO), at work in more than 40 countries and more than 25 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. A force for humanity, IRC employees delivers lasting impact by restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions. If you’re a solutions-driven, passionate change-maker, come join us in positively impacting the lives of millions of people world-wide for a better future.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. The IRC has been working in Kenya since 1992, providing crucial services across the two refugee camps, Dadaab and Kakuma, and a number of counties (Garissa, Turkana, West Pokot, Samburu, Kajiado, Lamu and Nairobi) implementing programs in the sectors of health, nutrition, governance & rights, women’s protection & empowerment, Economic Recovery and Development, as well as providing emergency response through a network of field offices and a range of institutional and community-based partnerships.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring IRC systems and procedures of internal controls are followed when committing financial transactions in IRC Financial system. Processing Payments, Reconciliation and providing up to date data.
Payment Processing, Cash and Bank Management
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized at set limits as per IRC Kenya delineation chart before disbursement.
- Prepare the Invoice Journal and payment journal and submit to workflow for approval and ensure the same are posted into Integra system after approval.
- Handle Integra data entry for accounts payable and accounts receivable by ensuring the information is accurate and the correct financial dimensions are used before processing.
- Responsible for preparation of taxation schedule for per-diem paid to staff every Month and submit to Finance Officer for review and approval.
- Monitor and track all vendor invoices submitted to Finance and ensure they meet the 3-way match before processing the invoice journal. Ensure that the vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation of Journal for all cash received or deposited into bank account and submit to the workflow for approval.
- Ensuring that vendors payments journals are settled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation of bank reconciliation statement on a weekly basis for field bank account and any discrepancies are brought to attention of Finance Officer.
- Maintain an organized and well documented Filing folder for invoice journals and payments journals in sequential filing system for easy retrieval and ensure that Invoice / Payment Journals are well supported with relevant original documentations.
- Support in retrieval of documentation during the auditing and verification of financial documents as requested by Donor/auditors.
- Carrying out finance officer duties in his absence.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure that all statutory deduction is remitted by the due date.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all processed payments.
- Managing the accounts payable email and ensuring the invoice tracker is updated and invoices are shared with the field offices.
- Training Finance volunteers and ensuring they are equipped with necessary information.
- Support during audit by retrieving any requested document.
- Supporting the Project office assigned to you.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Standard of Professional Conduct:The IRC and the IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – our Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
Commitment to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: The IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. The IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of the IRC persons in any work setting. We aim to increase the representation of women, people that are from country and communities we serve, and people who identify as races and ethnicities that are under-represented in global power structures.
- Knowledge of Excel and ERP system an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft 365 a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and be well organized.
- Ability to carry out work with a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible with a view to taking on board new tasks and new assignments in due course.
- Minimum CPA II qualification or University degree.
- CPA II qualification.
- At least 1year of finance and accounting experience in a similar post.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
UN Jobs CV review >> Submit your CV here
I’m Daniel Mutuku, a Career Coach. I help professionals get jobs with the UN, NGOs and international organisations.
Discover and unlock your full career potential and achieve your top career goals. As your career coach, I will support you through the application process, all the way until you secure the job.
Professionals who want to get a job that pays them well for their skills, experience and who strongly want to be in charge of their professional life always have a COACH.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”—George Eliot