Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial transactions, ensuring compliance to CHS and donor policies and procedures.
- File all financial documents handled in EDMS timely with correct references for easy retrieval
- Review all field requests for completeness, accuracy and consistency application of established rates. (EQA, Supervision, Meetings, CHVs)
- Prepare review remarks for each claim to inform the beneficiary any reasons for amounts reduction in a clear and concise manner
- Strictly adhere to existing SLAs for payments
- Prepare advance vouchers using the Business Central
- Upload Mpesa payments upon approval of payment schedules
- Prepare and post liquidation upon full approval within the periods payments are done
- Prepare Mpesa/Bank reconciliation statements on monthly basis
- Prepare and review budget monitoring reports with program staff monthly
- Support budgeting process
- Support audit process
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option) or its equivalent from a recognised University.
- At least two years of relevant experience in a similar/related position in a PEPFAR funded program
- Accountancy qualification, such as CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Working experience in a busy environment is an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Familiarity with the local and international accounting standards
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent excel skills
Method of Application
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Finance Officer: CHS/HR/TIFA/FO/01/2024 by January 18, 2024 at 5.00pm.