Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
International Affairs jobs, Public Administration jobs, Economics jobs, Business Studies jobs, Accounting jobs, Commerce jobs,Finance jobs,
Finance Officer (GiveWell & Gavi Projects)
Key Working Relationships
- Matrix reporting to Finance and Budgeting coordinators/Manager -Gavi and GiveWell Project
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Assist in preparation of budget template and budgeting for the implementing countries.
- Assist in review, track, and analyze country budgets while supporting countries with any budget queries.
- Assist in ensuring the implementing countries Create accurate forecasts and manage expenses according to spending plans
- Assist in ensuring that all project commitments in the finance system are followed up immediately.
- Attend BVA meeting in the absence of the line Managers.
Donor Reporting and Compliance
- Assist with the initial review of countries detailed transaction listing for discussion with countries on overspend and underspends.
- Travel to the country program for monitoring visits and compliance checks as per donor requirements when assigned to do so by the line managers
- Works closely with the supervisors to performance the initial review of the country reports and report any irregularities/recommendation for follow up with countries.
- Assist in quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, including coordination and preparation of documents and files for internal and external audits
Program Audit Support
- Support in ensuring program has an audit readiness plan in place and monitor that throughout the period of program.
- Ensure all support documents are provided as well as responding to queries from the auditors to ensure Zero disallowances.
- As assigned by the line managers
- Bachelor’s degree International Affairs, Public Administration, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Commerce, or other related fields
- At least 2-4 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization
- Experience managing budget and finance components of complex projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring, and reporting processes
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to liaise with a variety of people successfully and effectively in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to problem solve creatively with minimal guidance
- English fluency
- Experience with donor-funded multi-country projects
- Prior experience working in a country office or regional office
- Experience of producing cost efficiency and cost effectiveness analyses
- Fluency in French is preferred