Finance Officer – Kenya Office
- As a Finance Officer, you will be supporting Finance, logistics, procurement, and administration tasks at Educate! She/he will be responsible for facilitating payments and maintaining accounts records in compliance with Educate! procedures. He/she will also provide logistical and administrative support, and other various operations projects within Educate Kenya. The role involves managing finance systems, mobile money platforms, and related funds reimbursement.
- The Finance Officer will work closely with the Finance Manager and Operations manager to provide monthly financials and BVAs. He/she will also collaborate closely with the program team and the field staff to build strong and sustainable solutions to support the field payments. The Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager.
Finance Administration (70%)
- Ensuring that field teams are receiving timely payments and addressing the bottlenecks affecting payments
- Entering all journal entries in the accounting software
- Reconciling ledger accounts
- Produce daily and weekly transaction posting reports
- Verifying accountabilities and reconciling staff advance account
- Facilitating payment of vendors and responding to inquiries regarding finance
- Supporting in both internal and external audit processes
Enforcing Controls and compliance (15%)
- Ensuring that all payments are fully supported by requisite documentation before disbursement
- Ensuring that all staff advances are in line with the updated Common Cost
- Flagging any policy compliance issues to the Senior Finance Coordinator and the finance manager for action
- Supporting the Finance manager with other finance administrative tasks as may be assigned
- Facilitating the HQ payments and operations to ensure that teams in the office are adequately supported
- Working closely with and supporting the HR in organizing staff meetings, venues and travel logistics.
- Providing support to the Operations team to Coordinate training events as required, including but not limited to, pre-booking calls to venues, travel arrangement, providing supplies and materials, equipment and the point person at events.
- Provide support to the program team by arranging logistics for events and meetings held in program districts to ensure that they are properly organized and conducted.
- Book, schedule, and coordinate vehicles when needed
- Conduct periodic inventory checks of office assets and equipment and oversee repairs where necessary
Qualifications And Requirements
- BCom, Accounting or Business Administration with proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks.
- Finance & Accounting experience working in a non-profit environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in finance and accounting, financial analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll taxes, and accounting.
- Entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to take ownership, lead the team’s combined learning and a collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Possess and display high ethical and business standards.
- A good fit with our Five Cultural Tenets (see “What is Educate! About?” Below; learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here.