FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Fio Corporation Career Opportunities
Fio Corporation Career Opportunities in Kenya
Fio Corporation of Toronto, Canada, is a global leader at the intersection of forces reshaping global healthcare: big data aggregation; predictive analytics and insights; artificial intelligence; mobile smart technology; and decentralization of care delivery. Fio innovated and globally markets a scalable solution consisting of AI-powered, hand-held smart-devices integrated with cloud services. The devices enable average frontline healthcare workers to perform diagnostic tests like labs and provide treatment like experts. Simultaneously, the devices automatically upload valuable frontline data to Fio’s cloud, which gives remote supervisors, public health agencies, funders, governments, and industry real-time access to unprecedented insights. These insights eliminate waste, improve care, pinpoint opportunities, and enable rapid response to threats.
Product Manager, Mobile Health
Fio is seeking a Product Manager, based in Kenya, to lead product localization to African markets in support of Fio’s introduction of next generation connected health technology to transform frontline healthcare.
The Product Manager will engage healthcare workers and managers at various levels, technology partners, and global health implementation partners to gather intelligence informing product and market strategies. The Product Manager will translate these strategies into product requirements, planned product releases, and will lead end-user testing to develop winning solutions.
The incumbent must have previous experience working in developing world healthcare settings both in rural and urban environments, be technology savvy, and have a passion for human-centered design.
The incumbent must be accustomed to working autonomously, complemented with regular remote communication with colleagues in other time zones.
The is a fulltime position, based in Kenya, with significant travel in the region and to Nigeria, South Africa, and Fio’s head office in Toronto, Canada.
- Translate product vision into technical specifications
- Design and lead research to obtain market information in Africa and other markets as required
- Prototype, test, and gather feedback from end-users
- Drive user feedback into development process
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying research needed to obtain market information.
- Build constructive relationships with government stakeholders
- Assess competitors’ products in the African market
- Collaborate with local and Toronto teams to define local marketing objectives and strategies
- Forecast and establish product delivery timelines and drive African and Toronto teams to meet them
- Improve Fio’s product offerings by proposing new products or configurations to suit the local markets
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in health technology
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in hands-on design in a corporate or design environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in African markets
- Minimum 2 years’ leadership experience with experience managing diverse teams
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Results driven and a creative problem solver
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to use judgement to prioritize, multi task, and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills and a team player who can also work independently
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ orientation
User Experience Designer
Fio is introducing the next generation of connected health technology to optimize frontline healthcare in Kenya. Fio is seeking a User Experience Designer to conduct UX testing in Kenya and work with the Toronto-based development team to iterate designs. Reporting to the VP Product management, the User Experience Designer will use human-centered design tools and methods at various stages of product development. The Specialist will collaborate with product and clinical teams to define user needs and requirements, characteristics of use (e.g. user group, use environment), and workflow. The incumbent is required to communicate findings and recommendations to Fio HQ and follow through on implementation strategies, as necessary.
This assignment is expected to be approximately four to six months in duration and will be based primarily in Kenya, with significant travel to Toronto as well. There may be an opportunity for this assignment to be extended to include additional countries.
The incumbent should have previous experience working in developing world healthcare settings both in rural and urban environments. The incumbent will be working directly with healthcare workers and with managers at various levels from ministries of health.
- Understand Fio’s current and upcoming product line, as well as development processes
- Research and define user needs and requirements, characteristics of use (e.g. user group, use environment), and task analyses
- Contribute to the creation of user personas, storyboards, mock-ups, UI prototypes
- Design protocols for design testing using human-centered design tools
- Conduct UX testing in Kenya in collaboration with other Fio team-members
- Communicate findings and relevant recommendations to internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels
- Collaborate closely with product and clinical teams to guide product changes
- Iterate product testing, re-design as required
- Conduct human-factors training, mentorship, and capacity building for development and product teams in Kenya
- 5+ years’ experience in UX/UI usability and/or human-centred design
- Experience creating experience maps, site/app maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Experience working in healthcare settings in the developing world, especially Africa
- Experience in the mobile health technology sector and with rapid diagnostic testing are assets
- Able to work in low-resource settings, including urban and remote clinics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to unlock what users are thinking and feeling about a product
- Able to recognize good design; able to develop, support, and defend design recommendations because of a solid grasp of human factors science and design principles
- Able to design and run controlled usability studies
- Excellent writing skills
- Fluent in English. French and Swahili are definite assets
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview