Procurement, Store-keeping, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Audit, Catering, Confectionery,
- Vendor Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, distributors, and vendors to secure reliable and quality sources of ingredients, beverages, equipment, and other supplies.
- Sourcing and Negotiation: Identify and source the best suppliers and negotiate favorable terms, prices, and agreements while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Inventory Control: Oversee inventory levels, optimizing stock levels to prevent overstocking or shortages, and implement efficient inventory management practices.
- Cost Management: Develop cost-effective procurement strategies while maintaining quality standards and budget constraints.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure all procured items meet the restaurant’s quality standards and specifications.
- Supply Chain Coordination: Collaborate closely with kitchen, bar, and management teams to ensure timely and accurate procurement that meets the needs of the restaurant’s operations.
- Market Research: Stay updated on market trends, industry developments, and new products to inform procurement decisions.
- Compliance: Ensure procurement processes adhere to legal and regulatory standards, including health and safety regulations.
- Budget Management: Prepare and manage procurement budgets, tracking expenses and reporting regularly to management.
- Team Leadership: Lead and manage the procurement team, providing guidance, training, and mentoring to ensure a high level of performance and productivity.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Procurement Manager, preferably in the hospitality or food industry, with a strong understanding of the fine dining segment.
- Proficient in procurement software and tools, as well as MS Office Suite.
- Leadership experience and ability to motivate and manage a procurement team.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent negotiation skills with a track record of securing favorable terms and pricing from suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills to assess supplier performance, market trends, and financial implications of procurement decisions.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations, contract management, and legal compliance.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for effective vendor relations and team collaboration.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor and analyze daily operational costs, including food and beverage expenses, labor costs, and overhead expenditures.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and propose actionable strategies to enhance operational efficiency.
- Oversee the restaurant’s inventory management process, ensuring accurate recording of stock movements, consumption, and replenishment.
- Conduct regular inventory reconciliations to minimize discrepancies and losses.
Menu Costing and Pricing:
- Collaborate with the culinary and management teams to accurately cost menu items, considering ingredient costs, portion sizes, and recipe variations.
- Assist in setting menu prices that align with cost structures, market trends, and profit targets.
- Work closely with the finance team to establish budgetary guidelines for various operational departments.
- Monitor actual expenses against budgets and provide insights into any variances.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure competitive prices and terms for ingredients, products, and services.
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries and quality products.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Prepare regular reports detailing cost breakdowns, variance analysis, and key performance indicators (KPIs) related to cost control.
- Provide actionable insights to management to support informed decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and enhance cost control mechanisms across the restaurant.
- Implement best practices and standardized procedures to optimize cost management.
Compliance and Internal Controls:
- Ensure adherence to internal control procedures to prevent waste, fraud, and misuse of resources.
- Assist in compliance with relevant regulatory and tax requirements.
Training and Education:
- Train and educate staff members on cost control procedures, portion control, and waste reduction techniques.
- Foster a culture of cost consciousness and responsible resource management.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Hospitality Management, or a related field.
- Proven 2 years experience as a Cost Controller, preferably in the hospitality or fine dining industry.
- Familiarity with inventory management systems and software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software tools.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial data.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of local regulations and tax laws related to inventory and cost management.
- Menu Development: Create and update a diverse and imaginative dessert menu, featuring a range of flavors, textures, and presentations that align with the restaurant’s theme and vision.
- Recipe Creation: Develop and refine original recipes for desserts, pastries, and baked goods, ensuring consistent taste and presentation.
- Ingredient Sourcing: Source and select high-quality ingredients, including seasonal fruits, chocolates, nuts, and dairy, to create outstanding pastry offerings.
- Baking and Preparation: Prepare and bake desserts, pastries, and bread items with precision and attention to detail, adhering to established standards and techniques.
- Plating and Presentation: Create visually stunning dessert presentations that reflect the sophistication and elegance of the fine dining experience.
- Quality Control: Ensure that all pastry items meet the restaurant’s standards for taste, texture, and appearance before they are served to guests.
- Kitchen Collaboration: Coordinate with the culinary team to align dessert offerings with the overall menu and ensure seamless communication during service.
- Inventory Management: Monitor inventory levels of pastry ingredients, track usage, and coordinate restocking.
- Training and Leadership: Train and mentor junior pastry staff, fostering a culture of skill development and creativity.
- Health and Safety: Maintain a clean and organized pastry station, adhering to hygiene and sanitation standards.
Job Summary: We are seeking a talented and experienced Sous Chef to join the restaurant culinary team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong culinary background, creative flair, and exceptional leadership skills. The Sous Chef, will responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in menu planning, food preparation, kitchen management, and maintaining the highest standards of quality and presentation.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Chef to develop innovative and diverse menus that highlight local ingredients and international influences, while ensuring alignment with the restaurant’s culinary concept.
- Supervise and manage kitchen staff, providing guidance, training, and mentorship to foster a cohesive and high-performing culinary team.
- Oversee food preparation and ensure that dishes are executed to perfection, meeting or exceeding quality and presentation standards.
- Assist in managing inventory, ordering supplies, and maintaining proper stock levels to ensure smooth kitchen operations.
- Monitor food costs and portion control, implementing strategies to maximize efficiency while minimizing waste.
- Ensure adherence to sanitation, safety, and hygiene standards in the kitchen, following local regulations and best practices.
- Lead by example in maintaining a clean, organized, and well-equipped kitchen environment.
- Collaborate with the front-of-house team to ensure seamless coordination of service, timely delivery of orders, and exceptional guest experiences.
- Provide creative input for special events, seasonal promotions, and menu changes, contributing to the restaurant’s culinary innovation.
- Assist in conducting regular performance evaluations for kitchen staff, recognizing achievements and identifying areas for improvement.
- Stay updated with industry trends, culinary techniques, and emerging ingredients, incorporating new knowledge into menu development and kitchen operations.
- Assume responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef, making informed decisions to maintain high standards of food quality and service.
Qualification & Experience
- Culinary degree or equivalent culinary certification is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Sous Chef or similar role in a fine dining restaurant or upscale culinary establishment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong passion for culinary arts and a deep appreciation for creating exceptional dishes.
- Creative and innovative mindset, with the ability to contribute to menu development and presentation.
- Leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and inspire a diverse culinary team.
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities to handle a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of local and international cuisine, ingredients, and cooking techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and collaborate with team members and other departments.
- Adherence to high standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and food safety.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.