Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Opening Date: 30th September 2019
Closing Date: 14th October 2019 (2p.m EAT)
Democracy, Good Governance And Human Rights Department
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Kenya Community Support Centre (KECOSCE) is an NGO active in eight counties in Kenya. These include counties in the Coast, Northern and Nairobi regions. The organization has its offices in Mombasa and Tana River Counties. KECOSCE works with duty bearers at policy level and with grassroots communities to facilitate a peaceful, just and progressive society. This is achieved through implementation of actions that promote democracy, good governance and Human rights, Sustainable environment and natural resources, Peace Building, Conflict mitigation and Prevention of Violent Extremism.
KECOSCE is seeking to recruit a full time field Officer to join its team of self-driven staff and contribute to the achievement of the organization’s vision. The officer will work under the Democracy, Good Governance and Human Rights program and will be based in our Tana River offices.
Terms Of Reference
- The Officer will work under the supervision of the Programs Manager
- Establish and maintain vibrant Social Movements in Tana River County
- Organize and conduct community outreach and sensitization forums on access to justice for the poor and marginalized communities
- Build the capacity of communities to advocate and influence policy change
- Provide necessary information to communities that support their advocacy activities
- Seek and create linkages with other organizations to strengthen community advocacy activities
- Gather information on and monitor outcomes and document reports of community advocacy initiatives to facilitate improvement of support provision
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma/Certificate in Community Development from a recognized institution
- Excellent ICT skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools.
- At least 2-years experience working in the Social Justice sphere in Tana River
- Experience in the Civil Society sector required,
- Experience in establishment of working partnerships with national and county governments is mandatory
- Must be able to independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication skills and team work
- Proven ability in analytical reporting
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili
- Be willing to travel for work, as required
The successful candidate will be expected to take up duties immediately by 20th October, 2019 for a fixed term appointment of one year renewable to coincide with the lifetime of the project.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your application letter accompanied by a detailed CV containing names of three referees, including their current contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 14:00hrs, Monday 14th October 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Further information can be found on our website at www.kecosce.org. You may also deliver your application in person to KECOSCE offices in Mombasa before the deadline.
All applications should hand a heading APPLICATION FOR FIELD OFFICER POSITION and addressed to
Kenya Community Support Centre (KECOSCE)
Malindi/Mombasa Road – Kisimani
P. O. Box 42944-80100