Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Opening Date: 30th September 2019
Closing Date: 14th October 2019 (2p.m EAT)
Democracy, Good Governance And Human Rights Department
Kenya Community Support Centre (KECOSCE) is an NGO active in eight counties in Kenya. These include counties in the Coast, Northern and Nairobi regions. The organization has its offices in Mombasa and Tana River Counties. KECOSCE works with duty bearers at policy level and with grassroots communities to facilitate a peaceful, just and progressive society. This is achieved through implementation of actions that promote democracy, good governance and Human rights, Sustainable environment and natural resources, Peace Building, Conflict mitigation and Prevention of Violent Extremism.
KECOSCE is seeking to recruit a full time Program Officer to join its team of self-driven staff and contribute to the achievement of the organization’s vision. The officer will work under the Democracy, Good Governance and Human Rights program and will be based in our Tana River offices.
- Manage implementation of all aspects of the project, including detailed work planning and implementation and monitoring together with other programme staff;
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures KECOSCE
- Liaise with other staff and working group members to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Provide appropriate and timely reports and updates to the supervisor and key stakeholders on project implementation;
- Ensure project documentation is collected and maintained in such a way to assist donor reporting and the M&E requirements of the project.
- Support and organise key project(s)/programme meetings, events and activities
- Coordinate and network with stakeholders to gain community support for the project and to solicit input to improve project activities;
- Maintain and update the database and information system on the projects in the county
- Dedication and commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results.
- Compile and maintain a risks and issues log at project level; and
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience; At least 1 year working experience on promoting access to justice and community based paralegal services
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in administrative, organizational and operational project work;
- Experience working in the Coast region;
- Ability to work as a member of KECOSCE team;
- Strong understanding of and demonstrable dedication to human rights principles;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages
- Work attitude: Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexible;
- Decision making: Sound judgment and the confidence to take independent action; a high degree of initiative and persistence combined with high levels of discretion and diplomacy;
- Analytical ability: Ability to analyse and synthesize complex information;
- Communications: Ability to build productive working relationships, influence and engage others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with others, listening, understanding and achieving appropriate results;
- Proficient knowledge of Information Technology and excellent working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software, and experience on use of appropriate communication tools.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your application letter accompanied by a detailed CV containing names of three referees, including their current contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 14:00hrs, Monday 14th October 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Further information can be found on our website at www.kecosce.org. You may also deliver your application in person to KECOSCE offices in Mombasa before the deadline.
All applications should hand a heading APPLICATION FOR FIELD OFFICER POSITION and addressed to
Kenya Community Support Centre (KECOSCE)
Malindi/Mombasa Road – Kisimani
P. O. Box 42944-80100