Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Community Development jobs, Social Work jobs, Gender Studies jobs,
Gender and Youth Community Facilitators
- Community engagement and training of adolescents and young people
- Contribute to teamwork plans and successful implementation of approaches for adolescents and youths (GIRL-H & Transforming Masculinity).
- In collaboration with USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Change Officer, identify and recruit adolescents and youths from the community as program beneficiaries.
- Manage girls’ and boys’ group’s safe space groups in collaboration with mentors.
- Provide mentorship and support to mentors for girls and boys
- Support the USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Change Officer with conducting training for the mentors on technical curricula for adolescents and young people.
- Support and guide the mentors to deliver training to adolescents and young people.
- Support safe space activities including safe space mapping and social asset building.
- In coordination with the Gender and Social Officer, monitor the implementation of activities through regular field visits and assessments to ensure program quality and impact and document successes and lessons learned.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor adolescent and youths (Girl/Boy) groups daily and upload all data collected data in ONA platform on a weekly basis.
- Prepare accurate and timely monitoring and field reports on a weekly basis and other project documentation as required.
- In collaboration with USAID Nawiri Gender and Social Officer, report on the attendance, capture Adolescents and Young Mothers data in the tracking tool, businesses, and savings groups’ performances via the USAID Nawiri group monitoring tool and to the County Project Coordinator.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience working with NGOs/CBOs in adolescent and youth interventions, including livelihood interventions
- Diploma in Community Development, Social Work, Gender Studies, or any other related field.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commitment to working with adolescents and youth, girls, and boys in need, regardless of, religion or gender.
- Experience in data collection and data entry is an added advantage.
- Experience with the mentorship of girls.
- Experience facilitating training.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Local language skills are required. Strong written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)