Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Government Jobs in Kenya
Assistant Manager – Process Engineer
Transformation Leadership Office
To support KRA Business Process Management/Re-Engineering (BPM/R) initiatives for assigned process portfolio(s) to drive a process excellence culture that meets the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Core and Support Processes Design/Redesign for assigned process portfolio.
- Scope and facilitate process engineering projects/initiatives for assigned processes portfolio in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Lead cross functional process re-engineering work, liaising with stakeholders to understand process needs and use process improvement techniques to deliver efficiencies
- Provide process re-engineering subject matter expertise to process engineering teams
- Conduct detail process analysis including bottleneck analysis, time trap analysis, process cycle efficiency, lead times and statistical process control
- Document processes including mapping (current and future state), physical layouts and time standards
- Extract and document processes critical business requirements and develop, input to and update initiatives business case where applicable
- Develop detailed project/initiative plan/roadmap; co-ordinate stakeholders approval and sign-off; drive delivery against scope, timelines and budget; report deviations to management and update implementation plans as needed
- Input into detailed functional and technical specifications for required systems changes to optimize process efficiency through system integrations/interactions working in liaison with Business Enterprise Architecture and Projects Management Office
- Standardizing Operations Business Processes
- Liaise with business owner/representatives to understand and document processes to ensure consistency across the authority
- Undertake research on best practice as part of benchmarking
- Identify and document instances where existing processes may be streamlined or improved to achieve process standardization
- Analyze key processes and any existing gaps between what is documented and on-the ground reality.
- Communicate to management on root cause issues causing a conflict with the intended process execution and recommended solutions
- Incorporate process metrics on all process engineering initiatives and communicate to process stakeholders appropriately
- Monitor and train internal users on newly implemented business processes to heighten awareness of process.
- Operationalising Organization’s Business Process Management (BPM) Framework
- Provide input on improvements to the Process Engineering Methodology and Corporate BPM/R Framework
- Support adoption and execution of the defined Business Process Re-engineering/Change framework within the authority
- Support facilitation of Business Process Management Change activities to drive framework adoption
- Provide regular progress reports to management
- Support Organization BPM Capacity Development
- Support delivery of continuous organizational process re-engineering/change strategy across business units
- Coach; mentor and guide cross functional process engineering teams on techniques and approach in the investigation of process requirements, problems; opportunities and project management/execution.
- Support development of organizational awareness on process engineering and analysis and be a role model for a process excellence and continuous improvement.
- Support provision of training BPM/R framework, tools and methodology and standards to relevant staff where applicable
- Stakeholder and Quality Management
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to address needs and issues
- Ensure high level of customer service across all interactions and deliverables
- Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Facilitate stakeholders meetings and workshops
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in all process engineering Initiatives
- Liaise with appropriate structures with regards to current standards and guidelines
- Participate in post-implementation quality audits
- Participate in planning and scheduling of business process audits
- Assist with conducting of business process audits including opening and closing meetings, process audit follow-up, recommendation of corrective actions and preparation of business process audit report
- Hands-on monitoring of team members’ and working alongside others
- Manage delegation and completion of tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Guide, motivates and encourage team members
- Manage HR requirements (discipline, recognition, admin etc.)
- Mentoring, training and skills development of pool of resources
- Any additional duties as assigned
- University Degree
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or other recognized Business Process Re-Engineering/Improvement Methodologies
- Project Management Certification and experience
- A Master’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years working experience of which 2 years should be in Project or Quality management role.
- Working Knowledge of Business Process approach/improvement methodologies and techniques (Lean;Six Sigma; TOC etc. identify innovation and continuous improvement ideas,)
- Good working knowledge of process documentation tools – (Visio; BPMN or other recognized process mapping tools)
- Practical experience in relevant MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project,)
- Experience in leading people in diverse roles
- A good understanding of technology.
- Knowledge/Certification in ISO 9001:2015 an added advantage
- Excellent business analytical skills
- Excellent business awareness
- Strong Organizational and planning skills
- Strong Trouble shooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly innovative and creative
- Strong logical and strategic thinker
- Lateral Thinker and Team Player
- Proactive and Solutions Oriented
- Quality Orientation
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Effective Process Engineering Technical skills
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
How to Apply
Executive Recruitment – Commissioner of Customs and Border Control
Position: Executive Recruitment – Commissioner of Customs and Border Control
Kenya Revenue Authority is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya, with the primary goal of delivering Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
- In pursuit of our goal, we seek to recruit a Commissioner responsible for Customs & Boarder Control whose key mandates among others, are to:
- Implement strategies to effectively control cross boarder movement of goods and to interdict trafficking in illicit and harmful products.
- Implement strategies to promote efficient cross border movement of goods in line with Kenya’s stated international trade goals.
- Implement strategies to effectively collect revenue due from cross border trading activities and to counter possible tax evasion
- Manage departmental resources and budgets.
- Manage and motivate staff to deliver high impact performance
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- University Degree in Security Management, Business, Economics, Fiscal Management, Law or Related field.
- Fifteen (15) years experience in Customs or Security Management operations, at least ten (10) of which must be in middle and senior management levels.
- Strong appreciation of Customs practice and operations.
- Knowledge of National Security management strategies and requirements.
- Masters Degree in the relevant fields shall confer added advantage.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership, team building and communications skills.
- This is a key position open to persons with the relevant exposure and experience. It should interest those with a passion for success and who aspire to make discernible change that positively impacts Kenya and its people.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the position should apply in the prescribed format on or before Wednesday, 3rd October 2018.
Only applications made through KRA’s electronic portal qualify for admission. To apply, log onto https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and follow the instructions provided, detailing the application process. In case of difficulty accessing or completing the application, applicants may send email queries to iSupporthr@kra.go.ke.
Candidates are advised against any form of canvassing as this will lead to automatic disqualification.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.