Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Revenue Officer
Reporting to the Revenue Administrator, ensure accurate and timely revenue recognition and billing through proper documentation as per laid down company procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Sales team to ensure that all revenue realized within the month are fully recognized in company financials for the period.
- Enhance accuracy in revenue recognition taking care of differed revenue relating to advance billing or partially realized revenue from ongoing projects are booked as per accounting standards.
- Follow up of accrued revenue documentation for billing with Sales / Operations team within 60 days from accrual date
- Monitor revenue billing progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed with timelines.
- Fast, accurate and timely billing data entry.
- Periodic validation of billing data and accounting for all variances noted on a monthly basis.
- Invoice creation of appropriate billing.
- Monitor revenue inflow progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed within agreed timelines.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Customer Database Management
- Maintaining & updating customer’s revenue data in ERP daily to enhance accuracy in revenue reporting and billing.
- Regularly updates customer details (name, email, phone, vat exemption certificate) as soon as notification documents are received.
Revenue Reports and Reconciliations
- Generation and circulation of sales reports daily/monthly.
- Performs a detailed reconciliation between service delivery and revenue recognition data in prescribed format before release of monthly revenue report.
- Carry out monthly revenue reconciliation between GL & AR.
- Maintain new/amended contract billing schedule (sale orders) in ERP system.
- Monitor contract expiry dates and ensure that both customer and commercial team are notified in writing three months before expiry date.
- Work closely with Commercial team to ensure that expiring contracts are renewed one month before expiry.
- Draft renewal contract documents in three months and engage both commercial team and customers for authorization.
- Daily electronic / physical filing of contracts and other billing documents under assigned portfolio and ensure that proper filing sequence is maintained.
Price Increase Implementation
- Ensure that customers price increases are implemented as per duly authorized price increase letters.
- Monitor and implement anniversary price increase as per contract on due date for the assigned portfolio
- Validate e – invoices uploaded in invoice submission system with the generated ones from ERP for accuracy before release to customers.
- Timely submission of invoices to customers immediately they are generated.
- Address all queries raised by customers through invoices submission system within 48 hours from receipt.
- Submission of monthly e – statements to customers immediately invoices are submitted.
The Ideal Candidate:
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in Applied Sciences ( Procurement / Business Information Technology / Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics
- Certification in Procurement / Revenue administration is advantageous
- Kenya market
- Kenya legislation
- One to two years in revenue related assignment
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- ERP system(s)
- Google suite of products
Behavioural Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
About The Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centers within the country.