Business Related jobs, HR jobs,
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
As a member of the HR Team, directly support the HRBP Operations EAM supporting in the delivery of the HR strategy with a key focus on building Talent with Winning Capabilities and enabling HR Data accuracy and Integrity through maintenance of accurate & complete data with relevant reports to generate insights for business decision support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
Lead recruitment co-ordination process across East Africa Market
- Drive exemplary candidate experience through coordinating end to end interview process in collaboration with GBS HR & respective functional HRBP’s
- Initiate pre-employment checks, driving test competency, documentation and follow-up to ensure new employee files are updated with integral and relevant start of employment data
- Coordinate HR induction/onboarding programme for all new recruits in liaison with the relevant stakeholders
Lead training administration across East Africa Market
- Plan and deliver training logistics as per training guidelines advised by training facilitator / training manuals
- Measure HR related training effectiveness through keeping appropriate records i.e. attendance sheets for all trainings, training feedback/ evaluation forms and sharing feedback with relevant parties for continuous training programme improvement
- Manage claiming of any rebates from DIT for training and apprenticeship programme
- Coordinate and manage documentation and development progress of interns and Global Graduates as per programme requirements
Support Talent in Driving BAT’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)/ Employer Branding initiatives
- Organise & participate in all EVP initiatives including career fairs, professional associations engagements, universities engagement and social media drive campaigns as per the annual Talent Engagement Calendar
- Manage EAM HR mailbox queries related to talent processes including recruitment job applications, learning & development, performance management and employer engagement/partnership initiatives
Support with Organization Effectiveness initiatives
- Support driving employee’s completion of “Your Voice Surveys” and implementation of action points post survey in collaboration with HRBP’s
- Partner with Talent to plan and coordinate employee engagement activities
Drive Position & Employment Data Integrity:
- Deliver timely Position & Organisation management within SuccessFactors
- Manage the Joiner/Mover/Leaver process in line with signed off Standard Operating Procedures [SOPs] & agreed Service Level Agreements [SLAs]
- Provide HR teams with relevant local reports & employment information for payroll, talent review purposes.
- Conduct position & employment data integrity audits and trouble shoot system problems to ensure accurate data for management reports
- Deliver accurate headcount reporting in line with guidelines and timelines
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within own processes so as to add value to business controls
- Test and sign-off new system developments and cascade to relevant users.
- Effectively manage the relationship & support in all systems related projects in liaison with Global Business Services HR [GBS HR]
- Conduct training & support to new recruits on Employee Self Service in SuccessFactors
- Act as HR lead on all systems related matters and where relevant liaise with Information Digital Technology teams.
- Drive Regional and Area initiated system projects and ensure teams are aligned to requirements
- Maintain advanced knowledge of systems facilities and usage in order to provide effective user support.
- Identify & close skills gaps in line with job requirements and development discussions with line manager
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree holder in any business field with HR post qualification – candidates from other disciplines with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- 3 – 5 years of entry/junior-level HR experience within a busy environment
- High analytical with sound IT capabilities; experience working with SAP an advantage
- Learning agility, ability to work with minimal supervision and delivery within tight timelines
- Highly organised, structured in approach, ambitious, courageous and resilient
- Attention to detail, ability to manage pressure and coping with a changing environment
- Project Management skills would be an added advantage