How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resource & Operations Manager (ROM), the position will provide day to day Human Resource and administrative support to ensure delivery of services within the Hivos East Africa office.
• Support the implementation of Hivos’s HR and Operations policies.
• Facilitate recruitment by assisting in the shortlisting process, participating in interviews, ensuring on-boarding formalities are observed and maintaining recruitment records, document verification and background checks
• Coordinate the organization induction programme for all new employees.
• Maintain staff database and ensure HR operational processes run smoothly including benefits enrollment and termination
• Track employee impact metrics for HR reporting
• Facilitate leave management for all staff including monitoring and updating leave records on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in populating staff performance metrics, including uploading performance management cycles and supporting the probationary evaluation processes.
• Ensure efficient administration of medical and pension scheme and follow up on staff claims.
• Assist in identifying periodic skills development or in-house training opportunities for staff.
• Support in preparation of HR reports.
• Help improve work processes and engage in operational quality improvement projects and activities.
• Supports ROM in external commitments related to Hivos, including meetings & forums.
• Assist in driving employee welfare programmes & also facilitate team building activities
• Facilitate various in-house HR forums geared towards enhancing employee relations
• Ensure Regulatory and legal compliance at all times e.g. National Employment Authority (NEA), National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) etc.
• Develop and update records and archives management guidance material such as guidelines, instructions and procedures;
• Implementation of records and archives management guidance material;
• Assist programs to organize, manage and share information and coordinate hub requirements for record management compliance;
• Ensure correct access/permissions are given and maintained;
Assist in the uploading of staff data into the human resource information system
• Ensure all files uploaded on HRIS system are up-to-date, categorized and filled according to institutional requirements.
• A degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Good knowledge of Kenyan labour laws.
• Hands on experience using a HRIS e.g. ; Sage, Oracle etc (desired)
• Strong organization and record management skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Proficiency in Computer packages (MS Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion and maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Registered member of IHRM
Like to Apply? Kindly go to skillsmap
Applications should be received by the 16th August, 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Women and individuals from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.