Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Banking jobs,
The role is responsible for procuring high quality goods and services at the most competitive prices whilst ensuring that the Bank’s assets are sufficiently insured in a timely manner and monitoring various recurring costs to ensure that they are adequately controlled. This role also entails timely handling and payment of vendor invoices in order to maintain good relations with all supplier.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Procuring various categories of fixed Assets for Head Office and Branches as per budget provisions and where there are no budgetary allocations, ensuring that approvals are sought as per the CAPEX guidelines before actual procurement can commence;
- Reviewing suppliers’/vendors’ invoices for both operational expenses and capital expenses and forwarding them to the Finance department for payment after receiving all the required approvals following recommendation for payment;
- Reconciling vendor s’ monthly statements and addressing any anomalies noted in liaison with the vendors concerned;
- Negotiating with suppliers based on market intelligence gathered on similar goods and/or services to ensure goods and services are procured at the most competitive prices even where the suppliers are on the Bank’s approved list;
- Assessing insurable values of bank-wide fixed assets(for motor vehicles, office fixed assets, bankers blanket etc.) through review of fixed assets registers in consultation with the Finance department and arranging for valuation (for motor vehicles), preparing insurance cover worksheets, negotiating with various insurance companies for best rates and recommending them to senior management for approval;
- Reconciling insurance providers’ statements and addressing any anomalies noted;
- Reviewing the Annual Maintenance Contracts and Service Level Agreements for various installations /office equipment in Head Office and branches to ensure the terms and conditions thereof are acceptable to the Bank while escalating any exceptions to management for due consideration;
- Negotiating and/or following up any rejected clauses with various service providers for amendment;
- Maintaining a comprehensive register of all Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMCs) and Service Level Agreements for various installations /office equipment in Head Office and branches, including a diary on the respective expiry dates to ensure timely renewal of the AMCs upon expiry;
- Sourcing for new suppliers for shortlisting as preferred vendors after gathering market intelligence on the quality and pricing of their goods/ services and making recommendations to management for consideration;
- Diarizing and monitoring the expiry of Bank Premises Leases and arranging for renewal in liaison with General Manager Operations and Legal department including negotiation of revised terms;
- Monitoring mileage of the Bank’s pool cars and scheduling service appointments;
- Maintaining a schedule of costs (service and repairs) for each pool car to ensure costs are tracked and controlled;
- Identifying garages that offer the most competitive prices for similar services (by seeking quotations) and making recommendations to management as appropriate; and
- Reviewing all pool car repair requests to ascertain that their benefits versus the associated costs and advising management accordingly.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS); and
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS).
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Good planning and organization skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills.