Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Procurement jobs, Store-keeping jobs, Supply Chain jobs,
Supply Chain Advisor
- inSupply is searching for an Advisor-Supply Chain, based in Nairobi and willing to travel in the region. The candidate will play a strong immunization supply chain technical role in implementing projects, help to generate new business for the organization, manage teams, client and partner relationships, and provide management and administrative support as required. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health CEO or designee.
- Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships, and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems. S/he has a strong background in supply chains and programs, demonstrated implementation experience, an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently to produce quality deliverables, manage work plans, teams and clients, serving in a variety of roles as required by new and existing projects. Roles may vary widely and range from strongly technical to coordination and management. Advisors play multiple roles simultaneously depending on inSupply’s project portfolio and needs.
- Exemplify and model the inSupply brand, including demonstrating characteristics such as innovative thinking, technical leadership and excellence, operational effectiveness, proactive communication, sound decision making and judgement and accountability and professionalism.
- Work collaboratively, influence and build relationships with clients and partners, including government institutions, non-governmental organizations, donors, and others to articulate their supply chain problems, collaboratively develop solutions and approaches for their implementation, execute activities, and monitor performance.
- Play a lead role in developing and implementing supply chain solutions, improvement plans and in completing or conducting quality assurance for deliverables as necessary. Monitor and ensure accountability for timely completion of deliverables.
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the team. Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on progress of project activities and provide detailed notes of all key stakeholder meetings. Communicate and disseminate information and reports to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis
- Commit to and foster a work culture to foster innovation and continuous improvement, including integrating HCD, QI, adaptive learning and other relevant approaches to test and refine existing tools, methodologies and strategies to guide our supply chain strengthening and improvement efforts
- Provide mentorship and coaching of peers and junior staff
- Develop SOPs, curriculum and lead and/or facilitate trainings to build capacity of others in various aspects of the supply chain
- Apply creative approaches to partner and client engagement and support to help establish a customer/client-oriented reputation and brand, using a combination of travel an non-traditional, innovative communication methods to provide support and guidance
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health, including participation in working groups and provide key linkage with partners on the ground to ensure support and sustainability. Give and attend debriefings and seminars as a project representative, participate in conferences, report on key information to other project staff members
- Participate in and lead new business development opportunities, which include marketing of inSupply Health to expand our client portfolio, generating demand for our services, developing content for pitches, concept notes and proposals, and proactively identify opportunities for relevant regional partnerships, technical assistance and funding
- Support documentation of processes, success stories, experiences and sharing of lessons learned within the project and ensure their dissemination
- Travel within the country of posting and the region to guide and support implementation of the project and organizational objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- inSupply is committed to supporting and fostering internal growth within the organization. As such the Advisor-Supply Chain position is a stepping-stone to Senior Advisor and other leadership roles with support, mentorship, and skill development provided for growth towards those roles.
- inSupply Health is seeking a Kenyan candidate who is interested in growing with the organization and is open to, and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth. The Advisor-Supply Chain will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using a variety of performance improvement techniques and a competency framework.
- A Master’s degree in a health-related field and seven or more years of technical experience in global health, or development. Pharmacist degree desirable.
- Specific expertise in health supply chain management, pharmaceutical management, and prior experience supporting Immunization supply chains and cold chain equipment is strongly desirable and candidates with this experience will be given preference
- Experience in the theory and practice of health supply chain management competencies including forecasting and quantification, supply chain assessments, designing or strengthening eLMIS, inventory management systems, and storage and distribution solutions is required
- Prior experience supporting family planning, primary health, and community health programs is highly desirable.
- Experience building relationships with the Ministry of Health in Kenya is required; experience building partnerships is highly desirable. Experience working in counties or other countries in the region is highly desirable.
- Experience with the international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations.
- A proven ability to work as a part of a team but be self-managing of own time and results, and to be a proactive and clear communicator. Strong preference for a candidate able to work with diverse teams and is a team player, can take initiative, be flexible, adaptable, creative, and demonstrates technical leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving) and the ability to distill complex ideas into simple language.
- Ability to travel 40%-50% time, in Kenya, regionally, and internationally.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, Google suite, and other softwares and technology tools.
- Ability to work with different projects under different funding mechanisms and internationally and regionally diverse teams.
- Fluent in English, with proficiency in French highly desirable.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Advisor- Supply Chain. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
inSupply is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics.