Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
RESEARCH OFFICER I- GIS Jobs, Career Jobs,
RESEARCH OFFICER I- GIS
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Officer to offer Geographic Information System (GIS) support to neglected zoonotic disease & emerging infectious disease themes under the newly BMZ funded project One Health Centre in Africa (OHRECA)
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
The assignment shall entail:
- Identify appropriate data layers on geographical features, human and livestock population densities, levels of biodiversity, anthropogenic land use change and socio-economic indicators such as poverty indices, sanitation provision and educational levels
- Determine the most appropriate methodologies to utilise for the expected outcomes and optimise the workplan
- Supervise and support OHRECA graduate fellows in the collection, analysis and presentation of GIS data
- Build capacity of consultants and other project partners on the design and execution of spatial data collection and analysis
- Prepare reports and other research outputs
- Contribute to writing of publications and journals
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
- Master’s degree in GIS and remote sensing, Geo-informatics, Geomatics, R software or relevant field
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the application of GIS and remote sensing, preferably in agricultural research
- Demonstrated experience with GIS and remote sensing software; R software, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, QGIS, ERDAS or ENVI
- Good understanding of specialized tools and technical training
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position on a 3-year fixed term contract. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances.
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on “Apply Now” on or before 27 January 2021. The position title and reference number REF: RA-GIS/AHH/01/2021should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview