Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Human Resources jobs, IRC jobs,
Human Resources Coordinator, IHUB
The IRC IHUB based in Nairobi Kenya seats over 100+ staff from across the global network and seeks to provides effective support services to its client base. Its goal is to be trusted, predictable, and dependable to our clients at all times and to ensure commitment to excellent turnaround times in all our service delivery.
Under the supervision of the IHUB Director, the Ihub HR Coordinator will be in charge of providing coordinated HR support services. In liaison with the client, s/he will give guidance and support in recruitment processes as well as contract management. Other duties will include transactional activities in performance management, compensation, and benefits, learning and development as well as staff relations matters.
Additionally, this individual will collaborate and coordinate with HQ stakeholders to ensure systems and process are in place and comply with IRC global HR polices, standards and procedures within the legal requirements.
- People Management & Relationship
- Lead a highly motivated and functioning Ihub HR team.
- Create an enabling environment for Ihub HR Staff.
- Leading the Diversity, Equality and Inclusion policy at IHUB including maintaining appropriate metrics database.
- Duty of care liaison with Regional, HQ and IHUB staff.
- Talent Management
- Update Ihub staff on Global Talent Management Initiatives and assist in roll out ( Kaya, Compass, navigator etc)
- Leading in the Performance Management process and liaising with Ihub Staff Supervisors
- Employee Relations
- Supporting the IHUB Director in the delivery of advice and ER support at the IHUB
- Providing general advice and assistance to team leaders on ER matters as directed by IHUB Director, Regional or Global HR leads.
- Provide Staff Relations support by participating in disciplinary and grievance procedures as appropriate as well as facilitating the appeal process for any client employee that is not satisfied with the outcome of the disciplinary hearing;
- Use the guiding principles as per the HR Manual to mediate and resolve the issue with the parties concerned;
- Prepare reports on the resolve agreed upon on the grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Support the Ihub Director on Global HR , Local and International Labour Law updates
- Conduct HR Consultative meetings, internally and externally
- Contributing to the positive internal and external perception of the IHUB and IRC.
- HR Risk Management & Compliance
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance to local laws, HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the development/revision of policies and handbooks ( HR and Administrative) and supporting their roll-out, dissemination and implementation.
- Review annual compensation and benefits and make recommendations to clients supervisors.
- Liaising with Ethics and Compliance Unit on the progress of related tasks/ enquiries.
- Confirmation authority on applicable allowances for National and International staff at the IHUB.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Monitors IHUB staffing, overseeing recruitment functions and is key liaison with Regional HR and HR HQ recruitment teams, HR business partners and Hiring managers.
- Provide guidance on all aspects of recruitment and selection matters and associated terms and conditions to the client.
- Review, analyze and approve Ihub job position requests including compensation and organizational review; Provide recommendations, ensuring accuracy, equity and consistency.
- Responsible for grading of new positions or changed positions at IHUB and confirmation of existing grade level or ensuring that jobs are evaluated for consistency and equity.
- Contract Management
- Co-signatory on all National staff contracts.
- Reviewer of compensation package for the new national and international staff hosted at IHUB in line with IRC policies, local labor laws.
- Facilitate staff transitions as a result of retirement, redundancy or termination of contracts.
- Manage the administration of expatriate employment agreements to include compensation, assignment allowances and benefit programs.
- Compensation and Benefits administration
- Leading Ihub compensation and benefits strategy
- Leading the maintenance of strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders including external vendors- ie Insurance- Medical, Life etc,
- Administration of international benefits locally
- Participating in procurement process of HR service vendors.
- Conducting annual local compensation reviews in collaboration with IRC third party organizations, Regional and Global HR.
- Preparation of reports and general guidance to IHUB Director, Regional and Global HR leads on relevant compensation and Benefits matters related to IHUB national and International staff
- Liaison with IHUB staff supervisors on Compensation and Benefit matters
- Coordinating MEDIVAC activities for IHUB staff, regional and international staff seeking Nairobi based or external health services.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports directly to: Ihub Director
Key Internal Relationships
- Ihub HR manager
- Ihub Facilities Manager
- All Ihub Staff
- Global & TA Supervisors
- Regional Office ( EA and GL)
- Local & International HR networks
- Legal Teams
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Cross-cultural experience gained from working in culturally diverse environments; experience working in an international non-profit organization a plus
- Knowledge of key gender inequalities, gaps, barriers and opportunities at the national, regional and global level and gender and inclusion programs
- Awareness and understanding of global total reward trends and practices
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to build and manage effective internal and external relationships, supervise a team.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentially
- Proficient in global HR systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. Previous experience implementing a global HRIS is preferred
- Excellent relationship building skills – networking, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and monitor diverse, relevant external actors to work with and understand the purpose and implications of working with them.
- Experience in developing strong, equal and robust partnership contracts or experience in strengthening civil society
- Experience in capacity building
- Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to readily adapt to changing requirements and environments.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience leading a global compensation and benefits program in a multi-national/multi-cultural organization; demonstrated experience in designing and implementing compensation and benefit programs for domestic US, expatriate and international populations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience; advanced degree in Human Resources or International Business a plus;
- Direct experience providing consultative HR support and guidance to global offices, and a working general knowledge of employment laws;
- Communicates effectively at a high level and with a range of appropriate styles for different audiences;
- Builds capability through knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring, coaching and advocates the importance of knowledge management;
- Membership to IHRM in good standing
- Valid practicing license in HR
Professional Conduct : The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Accountability, Service and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.