Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Human Resource jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO jobs,
Human Resource Manager – Rewards & Business Processes
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 30 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Across two refugee camps, Dadaab and Kakuma, and four counties (Garissa, Turkana, West Pokot and Nairobi), the IRC implements programs in the sectors of health, Nutrition, governance & rights, and women’s protection & empowerment, Economic Recovery and Development, as well as providing emergency response through a network of four field offices and a range of institutional and community-based partnerships.
Purpose of the position
To support the organization’s efforts to improve retention, engagement and reward for its talent that supports delivery of its strategic mandates through development and management of strategic reward schemes, contract management, record management, reporting and management of effective HRMIS.
- Lead the orientation process of new staff with close coordination with departments’ heads ensuring that all new staff are aware of IRC Kenya policies and procedures and the culture of the organization.
- Lead periodic pay and benefits review and support the HR Coordinator in the design, development and establishment of appropriate employee recognition schemes.
- Responsible for the management of the payroll and administration of staff benefits that include gratuity, leave, medical insurance, group personal accident insurance and other allowances.
- Lead in management of the HRIS Systems within the country program i.e., Workday, HR Master, and Paymaster, that includes capacity building employees and its entire management and reporting
- Ensure an up-to-date accurate record management system is in place and that staff files (both electronic and physical) are updated in compliance with IRC’s audit check-list.
- In charge of IRC Kenya’s reporting that includes monthly and quarterly reports on Diversity, Global Matrix, HR Strategy/ Annual Business Plan implementation etc.
- Manage performance of the Nairobi based Snr. HR Officer – Reward & Business Processes and HR Assistant by ensuring they have challenging objectives, provide of both administrative and technical support, on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, sharing best practices/business processes and ensuring they are regularly updated with new initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing employee relations, engagement, and inclusion.
- Manage IRC Kenya relationship with the IRC’s Legal Advisor and stay abreast and disseminate impacts of new Labor laws to the Country Program.
- Support development of IRC Kenya’s HR strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts.
- Cover for the HR Coordinator position whenever required and support in other HR roles whenever required.
- Minimum Educational level required: A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and full HR professional qualification/certification
- Experience:6 years of progressive mid-senior management experience in Reward and Business Processes
- Qualification/hands -on experience in development and administration of reward systems
- Expertise in HR information systems.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
Behavioral Competencies Required
- Emotional maturity and ability to work in confidentiality
- Have interpersonal skills above average and ability to work in a team
- Have a sense of organization and being proactive
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Ability to lead and manage change effectively
- Excellent communication skills
Working Environment / Conditions
Work environment: Office-based with 20% travel to the field
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.