Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Business Manager Opening, Absa Jobs,
Business Manager – Customer Network
Posting Date: 26th October 2021
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
• Preparation & presentation of reports/briefs on a very broad range of issues, often complex/in large volumes, from a wide range of internal/external sources both structured and ad hoc
• Identify and have delivered in simple format critical business management information across the key areas: Shareholders, customers, community & employees. (Inclusive of MI presentation packs for the Customer Network Director)
• Excellent Knowledge and coordination of all key functions of the customer network and their roles towards the achievement of business objectives
• Exercising considerable initiative and a high degree of social skills dealing with the full range of people in many varying situations representing the Bank’s image in high profile situations
• Provide continuous improvement of all key outputs, ensuring reporting generates effective performance conversations
• Compiling Business Performance MI and Business Management adhoc MI – necessary for driving individual, team and business performance across corporate business.
• Reviewing business and systems processes for business management improvement, minimizing income leakages and operational risks with recommendations and action plans.
MANAGEMENT SUPPORT -60%
- Liaise with management and staff as required regarding a wide range of ongoing matters which must be reported on.
- Undertake research of detailed information on a wide variety of internal/external matters Jobholder is given only a general brief and must produce detailed reports, summaries etc. deciding on relevant information to be included.
- Closely track key change initiatives, ensuring that benefits are fully realised and delivered within agreed timelines and PIRs undertaken to ensure benefits are realized.
- Undertake a wide variety of administrative duties, such as maintaining budget figures, expenses etc.
- To develop and maintain robust, relevant, timely and effective MI, at times adhoc and urgent to drive the corporate business and enhance business performance in conjunction with Business Performance and Analytics team
- To support product managers in designing and/or managing business processes to minimize income leakages
- To support process improvement, managing and monitoring business financial operational processes and assigned business projects
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT -20%
- Act as subject matter expert in supporting the cluster management team with analytics that help manage businesses effectively.
- Monitor competitor activity and gather deep understanding of market benchmarks
- Support establish new ways of working that would reduce delivery time and introduced a fresh culture of Agile development to meet the expectations of a rapidly developing market place and highly demanding customer base
- Assess management information and provide support in determining specific branch by branch performance targets at appropriate levels.
- As part of project delivery, maintain on-going dialogue with front line teams and leadership in support departments to identify strategic opportunities and shape the business’ strategic agenda
- Create and execute performance templates that support a coherent reporting framework of business periodic and Adhoc MI.
- To analyse and provide individual and team performance data necessary for objective performance goal setting that drives business performance in conjunction with Business Performance and Analytics team
- To analyse and provide monthly detailed analysis of actual achievements against PD targets both at individual and team levels in conjunction with Business Performance and Analytics team
- To assist in the compilation of the monthly Business Performance Dash Boards and League Tables.
- Coordinate and prepare business decks required by CND in engagement with various teams and stakeholders.
- To assist in coaching team members on how individual and team PD targets are measured reflecting on their feedback for process improvement.
- To review and Identify value adding performance initiatives in conjunction with wider team members
RISK & CONTROL -10%
- Embed Reputation Risk principles across the team with core focus on the Control element (5 C’s)
- Control and manage the risk profile for the Customer Network
- Ensure any red flags arising from previous or current audits/reviews are escalated/ highlighted to the Customer Network Director.
- Highlight top 5 customer complaints related to customer Network on a monthly
TEAM SUPPORT -10%
- Pull together as a member of a dynamic and ambitious Customer Network team to ensure all activities and tasks are covered and well planned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent Knowledge of all key functions of the business and their role towards the achievement of Customer Network business objectives
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Able to keep all matters concerning Customer Network office highly confidential
- Thoroughness; Quality Conscious
- High level of initiative and resourcefulness in obtaining and analyzing management information
- High degree of Microsoft Office Applications and keyboard skills, accuracy, and speed
- Significant social skills and initiative to deal with the variety of people and situations
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written
- Has worked in a financial institution and has previously supported a Director in a one-to-one capacity
- Sufficient business and financial knowledge; and project management.
- Ability to work under time constraints and stress situations.
- A keen eye for detail, quality conscious and has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- A detailed understanding of services/procedures of work area to enable appropriate referral/resolution of customers’/users’ queries
- Very good understanding of the Manager’s/team preferred style
- A good understanding of the Bank’s general policies and procedures
- Understanding of the use of equipment, filing procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank structure and activities
- A detailed understanding of the role, objectives and responsibilities of the Manager being supported
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)